I am completely new to the whole car computer thing. I have built my own computer before, and have installed many car audio systems.
I own a 2007 FJ Cruiser with the FJammer headunit.
I also couldn't find anywhere on the forum where someone had done an install in an FJ. I know of at least three people from fjcruiserforums.com who have done carputers.
I have browsed and searched the forums, but there is so much info to wade through.
I have also looked on the store and have found some basic stuff which I like, but I don't know how to pull it all together.
Here is a list of some of the stuff I have found that I liked:
- Voom-2 CarPC Enclosure
- The Panasonic DVD drive
- a 250GB hard drive
- at least 1GB of memory
- either the Intel BLKD945GCLF2 or the VIA motherboard (I can't decide)
- maybe the M2-ATX PSU (help me out here)
- I like the lilliput 8" display (again I'm not sure here either)
- I don't know what the fusion brain is or what it does (help me here also please
Now for the list of what I want my computer to do:
- GPS w/ turn by turn and breadcrumb capabilities
- audio and video controls
- wireless internet
- bluetooth w/handsfree dialing
- obd II integration w/ ability to reprogram, performance logs, and engine mapping
- car video
- integration of everything
If ya'll could help me out I'd really appreciate it
What you have listed looks good so far and your expectations on the pc are doable. I see a few areas that need your attention. Your hardware doesn't meet your requirements. You need to add a GPS receiver, internet, bluetooth, and OBD equipment. You'll need to research these areas to find the equipment that best meets your needs. Also, I didn't see a means of getting your audio to your speakers. Do you have a head unit with audio inputs? A little food for thought.