Hey everyone, I currently have an IVA-D310 in dash screen installed with the Blackbird I for GPS, and H701 handling my sound processing. The H701 is then connected to my 4 channel amp which powers my tweeters and mids up front, as well as my mids in the rear. I also have a mono block amp powering two 12" subs in the trunk.
I have a spare laptop lying around, and have been looking into car PC projects for over a year now but finally feel as if I have a sufficient bit of knowledge courtesy of the forums to partake in my first project.
At the moment I am looking to use the following for a car PC:
HP ZD8000 laptop
* Mobile Pentium 4 520 2.8GHz, with Hyper-Threading
* 2GB DDR2 SDRAM
* Toshiba 80GB hard drive 5400 RPM
* LG GWA-4080N DVD+/-RW Drive
* ATI Mobility Radeon X600 with 256MB dedicated RAM
Integrated V.92/56K modem
* Realtek RTL8193 10/100 Ethernet LAN
* Broadcom 802.11b/g Wireless LAN
Intel ICH6 AC97 Sound Card
* 5-in-1 Media Reader (Secure Digital, Memory Stick/Pro, MMC, xD Picture Card)
H701 for my sound processing
Rux Controller to control the H701
GPS Dongle for GPS
USB sound card w/ optical out
Verizon USB internet card
Lilliput 7" motorized screen (Single DIN)
AC-DC Power inverter
I have included a wiring diagram which I drew up today (it's my first so be easy ) and I understand that there are no power wires run to the Rux controller, that's simply because I didn't want to clutter the diagram any further.
I would like to use my system for the following:
play ripped music (generally FLAC and WMA Lossless)
play ripped videos in 5.1 (I generally rip them to Divx/Xvid)
Internet capabilities using my current phone provider, Verizon
So my questions are as follows:
1) Which power inverter would you recommend to power this beast?
2) Can I still control the volume through the Rux controller, or just through the computer?
3) Any alterations/suggestions to my diagram?
4) Any USB sound card w/ optical out suggestions?