Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Questions About mac mini touch screen

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4

    Questions About mac mini touch screen

    whats up ya'll im new here and i was doing some research about this touch screen since i got tons of cds and more music to make ima have around 100'000'000 music cds to plug in my damn music player

    so i wanted to ask if this touch screen mini can hellp boost me up on that part ...... ?

    how does it upload music importing them from cd?
    from IPOD ? flash memory ?

    i was reading about it ehre

    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/faq-...-your-car.html

    it looks good enough but im kinad new to this stuff i naver really looked into any of them but if some 1 could explain from top to bottom how it works be great !!

  2. #2
    MySQL Error soundman98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    on the border of northern IL/IN
    Posts
    5,848
    the computer and the screen are 2 different things.

    the mac mini is a small computer, so you would be able to import all of your songs any way you can on a computer: through a flash drive, using the cd drive, or using a external hard drive, or from the internet.

    the screen is a separate unit that allows you to see what is playing and allows control of the computer through the touch screen layer.

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
    the computer and the screen are 2 different things.

    the mac mini is a small computer, so you would be able to import all of your songs any way you can on a computer: through a flash drive, using the cd drive, or using a external hard drive, or from the internet.

    the screen is a separate unit that allows you to see what is playing and allows control of the computer through the touch screen layer.
    so your telling me its just like a player witha screen right damn i shoulda thought of this before but i got another question now
    if it imports songs from external HD or CD or even the internet where do all the songs go to in the mac ? does it have its own hard drive ? or just useing the devices HD manually ( just like playing an ipod on the headset )

    Thank YOU !!!!!!!

  4. #4
    Admin. Linux loser.
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Bugbyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Corning, NY
    Posts
    7,364
    Blog Entries
    2
    I want to be really delicate about this....but if you don't understand how the Mac Mini imports songs from a CD and where they are stored, you are going to have a very, very difficult time installing one in your car. It is a technically complex activity that requires skills in information technology, electricity, electronics, automotive fabrication, and electrical design.

    That does not, however, mean you can't have one. I would recommend a reputable stereo shop with experience installing this type of setup. It will be money well spent.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettocruzer View Post
    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
    Want to:
    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

  5. #5
    MySQL Error soundman98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    on the border of northern IL/IN
    Posts
    5,848
    yes, just like any computer, it has a hard drive in it to save all the information.

    i think you keep looking at it like a ipod, where you ned to constantly sync it to get it to play songs...

    these systems are nothing like a ipod-- these are full blown computers-- like what you are probably using to surf the web with-- the only difference is that they are adapted to a car environment.

    and you do not need to be locked into only the mac mini, any computer adapted correctly will work..

    one other note: your 'bold' button is stuck on

  6. #6
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugbyte View Post
    I want to be really delicate about this....but if you don't understand how the Mac Mini imports songs from a CD and where they are stored, you are going to have a very, very difficult time installing one in your car. It is a technically complex activity that requires skills in information technology, electricity, electronics, automotive fabrication, and electrical design.

    That does not, however, mean you can't have one. I would recommend a reputable stereo shop with experience installing this type of setup. It will be money well spent.
    will im already useing itunes on my pc to import and export songs but i was just wondering where do all the songs go to just like im goin need to get me a mac mini with abigger HD if there is one out lol thats what im tryin say

    Quote Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
    yes, just like any computer, it has a hard drive in it to save all the information.

    i think you keep looking at it like a ipod, where you ned to constantly sync it to get it to play songs...

    these systems are nothing like a ipod-- these are full blown computers-- like what you are probably using to surf the web with-- the only difference is that they are adapted to a car environment.

    and you do not need to be locked into only the mac mini, any computer adapted correctly will work..

    one other note: your 'bold' button is stuck on
    okie dokie thanks man its just cuz i seen the mac mini on a video and it was tight the small things are hard to me but the hard things is easy to me cuz im always thinkin deep about :P but ill check out some players

    got any ? lol

Similar Threads

  1. Mac mini questions
    By edge2k in forum MacCar
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-18-2009, 10:54 PM
  2. Alpine IVA-D310 + MAC MINI
    By adammc in forum MacCar
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-14-2008, 12:53 PM
  3. Quick questions about Mac Mini in the car
    By Offspring in forum MacCar
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-14-2007, 05:57 AM
  4. Cracked Touch Screen!
    By bmather9 in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-17-2007, 04:31 AM
  5. intel mac mini flickering screen
    By godraj in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-12-2006, 07:09 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •