The Best iPhone 3GS Receiver/integration?
I searched the forum and didn't find exactly what I was looking for so I thought I'd start a new thread.
I have a 2005 Honda Civic LX sedan w/ the factory stereo and an iPhone 3gs.
I am pretty sure I am going to end up with a new receiver. Here are my requirements
1) must be able to charge the iphone 3gs
2) must be able to play music off the iphone 3gs
3) must be able to control the iPod from the head unit
4) must display artist/album/song title on the head unit
4a) it would be nice if it displayed art work too!
5) must allow me to answer calls as they come in. Ideally i'd like the other person's voice to be heard over the car speakers, and there would be a mic somewhere that records my voice
6) must be able to play CDs through the head unit.
I am pretty open to price/brand. Does anyone have any experience getting their iPhone 3gs to work well with a head unit as I have described?
the closest head unit i've found that does what I want is this one:
but it doesn't play CDs
Let me know what you guys think.
Basically you want a head unit with Bluetooth and iPod connectivity. There are many to choose from that fit that description. Pioneer, Kenwood, Alpine all make models with those features, either built-in or as add-on options. Crutchfield.com lets you search for specific features. A quick search shows a few dozen that have the features you want, either built-in or as options.