Lay the smack down on my carputer dream
Hi everyone, I need some constructive critisizm to catch some problems with my carputer before I start to build.
1. First off Im going to run XP or XP lite so chip speed and memory will be a concern. Im thinking a 2400+ and 512Mb.
2. Im thinking an 80Gb HD, anyone have experience with shock absorbtion and willing to share some knowledge?
3. Radeon 9600 (for TV out and possibly if I want to play a game in house).
4. A 350~500W inverter instead of a dc-dc PS so if I want to use another appliance in-car I can.
5. Im thinking ATM of just buying a run of the mill 7" LCD from Walmart or somewhere (~$250). They're cheaper and Im not to keen about handing out my CC #'s on the internet anymore. Im assuming that @ 7" 640x480 will look acceptable.
6. Sound is something I know nothing of. Im contemplating this
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....oryId=cat01053 because it has support for at least 4 speakers already in RCA form. Im assuming Ill have to place an amp between the card and the speakers. Will I?
Also, Im only planning on using the 4 speakers my car already has (no sub).
Well feel free to crack on my Idea, I need to shake out all the bugs I can
EDIT: Its going to be mounted in a deep dish plastic tool box for portability.