Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: how to mount the screen in my car?

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    greece/crete
    Posts
    10

    how to mount the screen in my car?

    hi everybody this is my first post and i don't know how to mount my liliput touchscreen at my car peugeot 206.does anynone have an idea?

  2. #2
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Surrey, BC, Canada
    Posts
    246
    look in the "show off your project" section of these forums, you'll get plenty of ideas from there.

    Basically there are 3 options: you can try to fiberglass it into your existing bezel, or you can use the included mount to mount it to any flat place on your dash, or you can buy an in-dash mounting kit and have it slide in and out of a DIN slot.

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    greece/crete
    Posts
    10
    thanks for the answer i have search now the topic but no peugeot 206 i think with the fiberglass to do but i want the idea first

  4. #4
    Variable Bitrate telekineticfool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    267
    I've never understood why people need to see their EXACT CAR to be sure if mounting will work for them...if you must, take a picture of your dash and we'll tell you where to put it.

    Do you have a double din slot? put it there. Do you have a big ash-tray zone? put it there...it's not hard....
    MP3 MR2 (click here for details)
    Hardware: EPIA M10000, 512Meg Ram, 5.6"TFT, Opus 150watt DC-DC PSU
    Software: Windows 2000, Media Engine 2.0

  5. #5
    It's not really that small...No, seriously. judoGTI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,049
    Quote Originally Posted by telekineticfool
    I've never understood why people need to see their EXACT CAR to be sure if mounting will work for them...if you must, take a picture of your dash and we'll tell you where to put it.

    Do you have a double din slot? put it there. Do you have a big ash-tray zone? put it there...it's not hard....
    I'd like to see a 2002 GTI with a 1.8T engine install please. Not the VR6 model.

    I can understand complete newbies want to see pics like this. The first few times I changed anything on my car I was the same way. Now I just unscrew things and pull them out. If something breaks I know there will be a way to fix it.

  6. #6
    Variable Bitrate Sh0cker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by judoGTI
    I'd like to see a 2002 GTI with a 1.8T engine install please. Not the VR6 model.
    how about '95 GTI?
    ... |
    ...\/
    Danny.

    "If today was perfect, there would be no need for tomorrow."
    My Car Project® ‹== !10.4" Allbrite, touchscreen, epia, 150opus, gps, wireless, sony remote [old] 128x64 Crystalfontz +double din [new]

  7. #7
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    greece/crete
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by telekineticfool
    I've never understood why people need to see their EXACT CAR to be sure if mounting will work for them...if you must, take a picture of your dash and we'll tell you where to put it.

    Do you have a double din slot? put it there. Do you have a big ash-tray zone? put it there...it's not hard....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  8. #8
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    greece/crete
    Posts
    10
    like this foto this is my car

  9. #9
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by manesis
    hi everybody this is my first post and i don't know how to mount my liliput touchscreen at my car peugeot 206.does anynone have an idea?
    You might also try the 21" Flexible Gooseneck LCD Mounting Bracket from http://www.mobilevideo4less.com. I'm considering it.

  10. #10
    Newbie winkelhoch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    21

    In dash mounting kit

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Digital
    look in the "show off your project" section of these forums, you'll get plenty of ideas from there.

    Basically there are 3 options: you can try to fiberglass it into your existing bezel, or you can use the included mount to mount it to any flat place on your dash, or you can buy an in-dash mounting kit and have it slide in and out of a DIN slot.

    Can anyone tell me where I might find one of those in dash mounting kits that Bobby Digital is talking about?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-08-2004, 10:19 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-07-2003, 04:40 AM
  3. 7-in in dash screen question
    By traitorhound in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-07-2003, 07:42 PM
  4. Very Small 4 dB WIFI car mount antenna...will it work?
    By AcuraTLFan in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-06-2003, 11:49 PM
  5. Car Stereo Installation Video's for Sale
    By johnram in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-05-2002, 10:27 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •