Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: Free FTP Hosting... (@ manwhoring.com)

  1. #11
    Maximum Bitrate SjLucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Hattiesburg, Mississippi
    Posts
    750
    Walleye jew da man!
    come to mississippi and I will give you a beer and my sister...
    i will never use it though but the fact you got manwhoring.com just kicks ***!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by menudude View Post
    thank you all for your help minus the useless post by sjlucky...

  2. #12
    Variable Bitrate Banderon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    425

  3. #13
    Variable Bitrate Banderon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    425
    Personaly, I think this is a good idea. Images are hosted by mp3car.com, but any other type of file, we can just upload there now. I wouldn't find it all that bad if in a few months it became common practice to be see posts like "I got a new video from my car-cam uploaded... go check it out on the ftp".

  4. #14
    FLAC ukchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,458
    I can't connect, I was going to stick some mp3car files there, what am I doing wrong? IE doesn't like it becaues of the @ int he name it seems, the command line ftp just fails the login everytime. I tried mp3car "at" manwhoring.com, .net music, Music

    Am I doing something stupid..?

    Chris.

  5. #15
    Variable Bitrate Banderon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    425
    Go to ftp://ftp.manwhoring.com
    Once that's loaded, go to File>>Login As
    Enter user/pass supplied at the top of the post.

  6. #16
    Maximum Bitrate Rundell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    497
    Quote Originally Posted by ukchris
    I can't connect, I was going to stick some mp3car files there, what am I doing wrong? IE doesn't like it becaues of the @ int he name it seems, the command line ftp just fails the login everytime. I tried mp3car "at" manwhoring.com, .net music, Music

    Am I doing something stupid..?

    Chris.
    Youíll have to use a FTP program to get access. I use WS_FTP and it works well with all my websites. I just tried his FTP server and connected with no problem. You can get this program or any other FTP program at download.com. You may have to say it is for educational purposes only to install it for free though

  7. #17
    Variable Bitrate Banderon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by Rundell
    Youíll have to use a FTP program to get access. I use WS_FTP and it works well with all my websites. I just tried his FTP server and connected with no problem. You can get this program or any other FTP program at download.com. You may have to say it is for educational purposes only to install it for free though
    He can get in through IE... unless he installed SP2 already, which gets rid of IE's ftp. He was probably just trying to enter the user/pass in the address bar along with the ftp address.

  8. #18
    FLAC ukchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,458
    Using IE I went to the ftp address, I see a couple of files and a folder, I right-click and "Login", at the resulting dialog it fails for me every time.

    I'll look for another client.

  9. #19
    FLAC ukchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,458
    Okay flashfxp worked, with the password all in lower case.

  10. #20
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by SjLucky
    Walleye jew da man!
    come to mississippi and I will give you a beer and my sister...
    i will never use it though but the fact you got manwhoring.com just kicks ***!!!

    kinda funny. i checked out manwhoring.com first... manwhoring.anything were free. but then i checked out manwhore or manwhores.anything, all were taken.


    i'm pretty happy with the purchase B)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Know where to get FREE dual monitor wallpaper???
    By Defiler in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-11-2004, 09:32 AM
  2. anyone have a free version of girder?
    By Mikesz in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-16-2004, 09:20 PM
  3. ftp server help!!!!
    By mp3z24 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-14-2003, 03:18 PM
  4. Free picture hosting - my personal server
    By ppgt94 in forum General MP3Car Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-25-2002, 08:10 PM
  5. Win95 Network drive free space?
    By Bj in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-02-2001, 10:40 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •