Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Confused about controllers

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2004

    Confused about controllers

    Hello. So for a while i have been looking around this forum trying to understand this ideea of connecting laptop LCDs to regular computers. There is just one thing i am very confused about. What exactley is this LCD controller? What is the exact name for this hardware? From what i read this is not the regular DVI port that newer vid card have. So if its not the regular DVI what am i looking for?

  2. #2
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Elmira NY
    its the board that's inside a desktop monitor. that converts ether VGA or DVI to the sepshal singlal power to light up the screen.

    its not a internal thing on video cards. unless you get a freaky single board computer. sometimes tho's have it

    but no ATI or nvidia card will have that kind of option. its a board to power your LCD

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Check the FAQ in the newbie section, it goes into detail about it there.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Have you had any luck finding info about controllers for a laptop LCD. I'm also trying to find some basic guidelines for controllers and inverters.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 48
    Last Post: 04-26-2004, 01:47 AM
  2. Inverters and controllers
    By A/V-aholic in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-23-2003, 03:49 AM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-25-2003, 03:29 PM
  4. FS - 10.4" and 6.4" TFT with controllers & psu's
    By CrazyLittle in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-23-2002, 01:58 PM
  5. LCD controllers
    By Christian in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-26-2000, 02:11 PM


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts