Hello all, I'm looking for some MP3 software and so far cannot find a suitable one, I'd like to briefly state what I need, and hopefully someone will know something that will fit. I've tried MediaEngine, AutoPlay, countless others too but so far they are either too processor heavy, or a little shy on functionality. AutoPlay is currently the closest I have to what I want, but for some reason it wont work on the laptop (gives direct draw error)
- Concept is a player running on Pentium150 Laptop, which will be embedded into a wall in the house MP3 files will be accessed over the network
- Player should be album based, all my MP3's are arranged into albums, so the browse system should allow me to pick, atrist then album and play.
- Player will need to be simple to control, a small amount of buttons attached to parallel port would be cool, I'm afraid touch-screen is not an option.
- Laptop display is 12 inches, so I'd like something that looks nice and run's full screen mode
- As it will be mounted in a house, it'd be nice if it could do a few other little things, like display weather info and email status is a little corner of screen somewhere, but this is not essential.
If anyone knows of any software that will do this, I will be very grateful, I have searched and searched via google and links and I just cant find it yet.
Thanks, I have looked at 4am, but as I have a great many albums stored, and it's interface seems to rely upon displaying the picture for the ablum (and I have none) navigation became a problem !
Also, 4am seemed to be more mouse based and I'll be using it without a mouse, I didnt look at it for long tho, I must say.
Thanks for the suggestion tho, I wonder if there are more to come *fingers crossed*
MediaCar has a nice browser.
You would need to make your own skin though.
Cheers More Mods, I've just spent a while looking at MediaCar, it does seem to be touchscreen insprired and I'm having some dificulty in controling it from the keyboard, but I guess with a little work that can all be sorted out.
It does seem rather slow though, but admittedly that could well be the problem of the laptop (Pentium1, 150MHz, 48MB ram) but it was not fast on the big desktop PC either.
So I guess the search continues - I'm all googled-out, every combination of words I try seems to be giving me the same set of results now so any other recommendations from people would be much appreciated.
MediaCar is one of the best You just need a faster system.I only run a 1.6 p4 and it flys!
2-15" ILO lcd w/DVI
6800 gt Duel DVI out
p4 1.6ghz flex atx board
1gb 400 ram
120gb(2-60gb raid) sata hd
WIN2K Pro SP2
M.A.M.E. w/2,300 games
Originally Posted by Green
Great HTPC software! Works great for carpcs also. myHTPC is free and will probably run great on that slow system.
:My Car and Regular Computer:
I love using MediaCar myself but wish coyote was around to add some new things to it but it is still good.
Now they wanna ban toy guns...AND KEEP THE *****ING REAL ONES?!?!?!?!!!