Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Best Carputer Solution. Ideas Inside!

  1. #11
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    599
    Quote Originally Posted by cheerio
    void: are you sure it was the drive or the software. Like did windows reconigise the drive, or did the software give you an error.
    Nah I do computers for a living. I know it was the drives. I tried several different software packages. The light just keeps blinking and the drive doesn't want to eject the disc, unless you reboot the pc. Then it will eject. Its just not recognizing the format of a burned DVD.

  2. #12
    Variable Bitrate cheerio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    233
    word. intresting, never encounterd such an error. Besides, who the hell would make a dvd/cd-rw drive that cant play burned cds, thats like making a toaster that cant toast bread.

  3. #13
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    599
    Quote Originally Posted by cheerio
    word. intresting, never encounterd such an error. Besides, who the hell would make a dvd/cd-rw drive that cant play burned cds, thats like making a toaster that cant toast bread.
    I totaly agree. But like I said I tested 3 of them. All 3 could play stamped (store bought) DVD's and CDs as well as burned CDs and VCDs, but no burned DVDs. Go figured...

  4. #14
    The Lavender Tie Just
    Made It Obvious
    Rafster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    3,083
    Quote Originally Posted by voidunknown
    Nah I do computers for a living. I know it was the drives. I tried several different software packages. The light just keeps blinking and the drive doesn't want to eject the disc, unless you reboot the pc. Then it will eject. Its just not recognizing the format of a burned DVD.
    What's the brand and model # of your DVD drive? I just tried on all 9 of the computers in my house with DVD drives, and all my burned DVDs work perfectly. Usually DVD-R are more compatible with drives and set top players.

    The drive on my machine is a LiteON DVD-ROM LTD163D

    Peace,

    Rafster

    P.S. If you want to find out what kind of discs your drives can read, since you have Nero 6:

    Go to Start
    Programs
    Nero
    Nero Toolkit
    Nero Infotool

    Select your DVD ROM drive, and you should see the "Supported Read Features" If you can't find it, I will look up the info for you. Just give me your brand and model number.

  5. #15
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    599
    Quote Originally Posted by rafaelsherman
    What's the brand and model # of your DVD drive? I just tried on all 9 of the computers in my house with DVD drives, and all my burned DVDs work perfectly. Usually DVD-R are more compatible with drives and set top players.

    The drive on my machine is a LiteON DVD-ROM LTD163D

    Peace,

    Rafster

    P.S. If you want to find out what kind of discs your drives can read, since you have Nero 6:

    Go to Start
    Programs
    Nero
    Nero Toolkit
    Nero Infotool

    Select your DVD ROM drive, and you should see the "Supported Read Features" If you can't find it, I will look up the info for you. Just give me your brand and model number.
    Yea, I know about infotool. Thanks for the model number on the drive. I'll order me one tonight.


    LCD wise, is the Lillitul or whatever a good screen to get?

  6. #16
    The Lavender Tie Just
    Made It Obvious
    Rafster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    3,083
    Either a Lilliput or Xenarc. Xenerac is great, but very expensive, the Lilliput does more the fine and is WAY cheaper.
    Great places to get Lilliput:

    DigitalWW: http://www.digitalww.com/

    MP3Car.com Store: http://www.mp3car.com/store/

    I have no affealiation w/ either place. Just some places I like to recomend.

    Peace,

    Rafster

  7. #17
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Atlanta Ga
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by voidunknown
    DVD Shrink 3.1 + Nero 6. Let me know!!! Thanks!
    Sorry it took me so long to get back...I made a backup of hellboy using DVD Shrink 3.1 and it worked flawlessly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. (Div)XBox Carputer (warning: many pics)
    By Richie in forum Show off your project
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 09-01-2005, 05:24 PM
  2. Screen Ideas and HUD solution?
    By Demolition Man in forum LCD/Display
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-02-2004, 05:31 PM
  3. Solution for AM Radio in Carputer
    By orangewhip in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 05-22-2004, 01:14 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-03-2004, 01:02 AM
  5. mini-itx carputer any case ideas???
    By acornstu in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-04-2003, 03:18 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •