Sheesh... I thought this was an easy question....
This is prolly going to be very basic to most. I am using a PW70-A and an ITPS for my power. I am using a M10000 w/ Laptop HDD and Laptop DVD/CDRW. I will be using a 7" Lilli Touchscreen.
Here is my very basic preliminary diagram:
1. What gauge wire do I need to run and how many inline fuses (what AMP too) do I need.
2. I want to wire in a Power switch (so my PC doesn't start when I don't want it to) and a reset switch (in case my PC locks up). I'm pretty sure the reset switch will just be directly to the mobo headers but what type of switch / button will I need to get? Where and how do I put the Power (cutoff) switch?
3. The red wire on the ITPS (switched). Where do I get that?
4. My Lilliput. I don't have my Lilliput yet so I'm not exactly sure what the power connectors look like. Am I just going to be splicing the lilliput Pos/Neg wires to one of my PSU's Pos/Neg wires?
I will update my diagram as I get questions answered and I really appreciate the help!
2. The power switch on mine is a momentary switch that goes right tot he header pins on my motherboard. I do not have a reset switch as if the machine hard locks you can hold down the power button to power off the machine and then press it again to power it back on. A reset switch seems like extra work which I am against totally.Originally Posted by tbird2340
3. I use a inverter so I can't help too much on the ITPS and the DC PS stuff...but I can tell ya that if it requires switched power then that is most likely a ACC line. You might have one coming out of your stereo that is normally blue in color. Otherwise you can get a wiring diagram and find a switched line in the ignition.
4. Lilliput comes with a 12V plugin for the car and a AC adapter for the house. I am not too sure about wiring it into your PS. mine is hardwired right to the wires for my cigarette lighter.
Hope that helps some....
oh and for number one...I know that has been answered....just a little more and I am sure you will find it.
1.Some say that 12 gauge is good, I say 18-20 is fine (I have a m10000 and I use 24g) So unless you are adding more than gps mouse, dvd player and a keyboard/mouse, I would not go lower than 16Gauge...dont overkill. Now for the amplifier...You will need a good wire kit, they ussually come from 4-8 guage.Originally Posted by tbird2340
2.If you have an after market cd player, then you can run the BLUE wire from the ITPS to the BLUE wire(called:remote turn-on wire) on the CDplayer. So, when the cdplayer is on, the power will travel to itps telling it to turn the computer on. Another way is to connect the BLUE wire on ITPS to any ACC wire; one is your cig. lighter(+ terminal). When the car is on, the power travels down to blue wire on itps telling it to turn or keep the computer on. By the way:IMPORTANT Connect the (+)BATTERY terminal to red wire on itps, not blue. Then put a simple switch in between the cig.lighter and itps PUT A FUSE ON THE RED LINE NEXT TO THE BATTERY (ten amps should be fine) For the computer only, not amplifier .Black is ground obviously (any clean metal spot on the car.)
4.if you have an aftermarket cd player, then connect the liliput tothe rec/yellow/black wires taht are in the back of your cd player...if you dont..tell me and I will explain ways u can wire it (simple way is to use the cigarret lighter plug they give you.)
hope this helps buddy
good luck, hope your computer will work like a beast!
also do a lot of ...it will help
PS: i made this picture on the fly..not on my computer..sorry
DICE Los Angeles
your itps has a white wire istead of blue...just change all my blue to white
DICE Los Angeles
First. Thanks for the reply. Second, I'm not going to be using an amp so let's get that out of the equation.Originally Posted by yunusyu
I do have an aftermarket CD Player (Blaunkpunt Sacramento CD33) and it does have the blue wire you are referring to. Right now I do not have it hooked up. Isn't the red wire on the ITPS the switched wire? According to the manual for the ITPS I downloaded it says that the BLK is GND, WHITE is UNSWITCHED POWER, and RED (center) is switched power (ignition). So shouldn't I be hooking the red wire of the ITPS to the BLUE wire of the CD player?
I thought that unswitched meant hot all the time.
So I will just use wire taps and take the (3?) wires from the Lilli and tap them into the Red (12V Accessory/Switched), Yellow (12V Constant Power), and Black (Ground)?4.if you have an aftermarket cd player, then connect the liliput tothe rec/yellow/black wires taht are in the back of your cd player...if you dont..tell me and I will explain ways u can wire it (simple way is to use the cigarret lighter plug they give you.)
Thanks a lot for your help!
i use opus..but if the instructions say that red is the ignition, then just switch my instruction(red for white/white for red)..
now for the liliput, you get a egg shaped thing that we here call ...the egg. you can have the standard cig. lighter pulg go into the cig lighter. or you can split the TWO wires, the + and - and connect to the + and - wires of the cig. lighter or the + (red) and - blakc wires that are in the back of your cd player...did you get the harness for your cd player?...it changes the stock wire to color match your cd player input wires...
sorry for the mix up..i just advised you on my general knowledge..i use opus and a different screen
DICE Los Angeles