I spent the last 3 days wiring stuff up, around 8 hours each day working on my carputer. Drilling, soldering, splicing, building the computer, placing the lilliput, running wires under carpet, etc.
I finally finished, turned they key, the opus fired up, and for the first time in my life... It just worked. I can't believe that there aren't any problems yet.
I just installed windows, fired it up, installed drivers, and I spent the last hour or so listening to MP3's in my car off of my USB thumb drive. Still got some software to install, but still...
Sorry, I guess this is a pointless post. :p Just wanted to say that after 3 days of not knowing what I was doing half of the time, voiding warrenties, and risking blowing up 850 dollars of computer hardware, it just feels great to have it just work.
Of course, I'll be trading off my car in March, so all of this won't last for long. Just wanted to get some experience with carputers under my belt before I do this on my next car, as I'll be doing a lot of fiberglassing and such.
All that's left is to install frodoplayer, get GPS running and the Lilliput touchscreen :D