Hi.. new to mp3car. I just came across this site and its got some great ideas. I just bought a new laptop except it has the sweet AMD64, wifi, and other things I added. In my car, I'm not sure exactly what I want to do but I have some ideas:
1. Definately want to hook my laptop up to my head unit to play iTunes Playlists (easy, requires $15 cable adapter for my head unit, Blaupunkt San Jose MP41)
2. *Maybe* make myself a MegaSquirt since I am into always tinkering with performance, then I could use my laptop to on-the-fly change air-fuel settings.
3. *Maybe* by some LCD screens (I love how cheap they're getting).. probably 2 head rest units and maybe one on the dash... only thing is how can I hook all 3 of those screens up to my laptop to mirror it?
4. Maybe some USB GPS system (I hear those are pretty cheap now)
5. Need a laptop mount.. I see them on eBay for ~$30
Any answers/suggestions/ideas? One thing I love is tweaking performance, anymore ideas on how I could do that via computer (unfortunately I don't have OBD-II, I have an 89 Ford Probe.. yeah not the greatest name scheme there).
Thanks for listening to my rambling!