Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Surround Sound

  1. #1
    Constant Bitrate trance728's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Posts
    126

    Surround Sound

    If I get the EPIA M10000 motherboard it has a built in sound card which looks like it only has one output but it says it can be 6.1 surround, if I want to hook this up to a four channel amp and a sub amp, do i need to get a new sound card, or is there something I can do to the board?

  2. #2
    Neither darque nor pervert DarquePervert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Posts
    13,949
    Quote Originally Posted by trance728
    If I get the EPIA M10000 motherboard it has a built in sound card which looks like it only has one output but it says it can be 6.1 surround, if I want to hook this up to a four channel amp and a sub amp, do i need to get a new sound card, or is there something I can do to the board?
    There's a daughterboard that has the additional ports for the other audio outs. I also believe the LINE IN is used for one of the outs, but don't quote me on that.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?



    Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

  3. #3
    Tainted Love Cris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    4,651
    Well, I'm sure that it can't do 6.1, but 5.1, that's a different story. The three ports on the back are the 6 channels. The rear and the sub/center, replaces the line-in and the mic.

  4. #4
    Constant Bitrate trance728's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Posts
    126
    ok, so is that something that is configured in the bios, or how do i go about making them outputs and not inputs

  5. #5
    Neither darque nor pervert DarquePervert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Posts
    13,949
    Quote Originally Posted by trance728
    ok, so is that something that is configured in the bios, or how do i go about making them outputs and not inputs
    What part of R T F M do you not understand?

    Here, I'll spoon-feed you, n00b: http://www.viaembedded.com/product/3/4/EPIA-M_v1.40.pdf
    There's the link tot he manual. It's Appendix 2, on page 73.

    Oh, and I was wrong about the daughter card. Sorry about that.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?



    Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

  6. #6
    Constant Bitrate trance728's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by DarquePervert
    What part of R T F M do you not understand?
    um all of it because no one suggested it, damn it was a simple question, no need to get ur panties in a wad

  7. #7
    Low Bitrate got2liv4him's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Gonzales, LA
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by DarquePervert
    There's a daughterboard that has the additional ports for the other audio outs. I also believe the LINE IN is used for one of the outs, but don't quote me on that.
    Um, I think he did
    Kimi ga kawareba, Seikaimo kawaru!

  8. #8
    Constant Bitrate trance728's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Posts
    126
    ahh, my bad, didn't see that little guy there

  9. #9
    Neither darque nor pervert DarquePervert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Elsewhere
    Posts
    13,949
    Quote Originally Posted by trance728
    um all of it because no one suggested it, damn it was a simple question, no need to get ur panties in a wad
    Noobs comeing here expecting some good-hearted reg to give them an easily-found answer just sickens me.
    You want us to do your research for you. Do you consider us your *****es?

    This isn't even anything obscure. It's right there in black and white.
    OK, Perhaps you bought the board OEM-style or used off EBay and it came with no manual. I can see that happening.
    But you don't even think to locate the manual and see if the information is there? There's something very, very wrong with that.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?



    Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

  10. #10
    Constant Bitrate trance728's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Posts
    126
    no, ive just never bought a motherboard by itself so i didn't even think about a manual. and i had to look up what RTFM meant, so excuse me if i didnt catch that with the little guy waving the book

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-28-2004, 06:28 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-28-2004, 03:14 PM
  3. Pro Logic vs digital surround sound
    By lookinco in forum Car Audio
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-28-2004, 09:29 AM
  4. For all that said Surround Sound is a waste
    By antimatter in forum Car Audio
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 07-19-2004, 09:23 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-04-2004, 01:15 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •