Here's some suggestions for speeding up your POST (all changes are int eh BIOS setup):
- Enable quick boot. This makes for a less-intensive (and faster) POST.
- Turn off auto-detection of IDE devices.
- Set the HDD to be the first boot device.
- Turn off USB boot capability.
- Disable any onboard devices you're not using (serial ports, parallel ports, secondary IDE, etc.)
Resuming from hibernation will typically be faster than booting cold, especially on a slower system, like the EPIAs or if you have several things loading at startup. The only reason my AthXP-M setup takes so long for a cold boot is because MBM5 takes so bloody long to initialize.