The truth is none of them really do work 100% perfectly, especially if you stuff them with all the aditional software you have in mind...Originally Posted by WaterLift
- rds and TA you can have only with a PCI FM cardOriginally Posted by WaterLift
- well, that's obvious...
- there are quite a few navigation programs that cam be succefully embeded into a front end, like Destinatot, IG, et. Depends on where you're from and what nav software you are going to use. Same thing for Radar feature.
- I think all front ends support Phoco. Check for your phone's compatibility.
- iBus is not for car diagnostics. For that you must have a OBD II scanner&software. iBus is for controlling stuff already in the car. Almost every BMW install has that.
- Steering wheel control, you can have them though iBus
- an AV camera is usually used for a rear view camera. So this is not something to be supported from a front end. However you can have an USB rear view cam, but it's not by far the idea solution.
- video - obviuosly. TV - with a TV card. DVB, you can buy a separate kit, that pluggs into the AV from the monitor. It's a stand alone kit.
- all front ends support browser. It depends on the skin though...
- TS. 8" will not fit in that dash for sure.
- access control. There's a little program by Stevieg that's made for Centrafuse.
- Most front ends have voice interaction. But, if you want voince control that's a different matter...only in RR, this actually works.
- most front ends have game emulators
- not outlook, but you can have calendar in most front ends. Nut, since the net browser is already supported, you could use that.
- Spedometer, depends on the skin. It reads it from the GPS.
- RR has a section for sensors...
- that has nothing to do with a fron end...
- that's almost doable. It won't be the same...
- I can't say I've heard about that...
There's no front end that will satisfy all your demands by itself.Originally Posted by WaterLift
You could use the RAM, HDD, WiFi, USB stuff...the rest they're a little too much for any PSU to take on. Not to mention all the stuff you want to add...Originally Posted by WaterLift
As I said, as far as I know, an 8" will not fit in there.Originally Posted by WaterLift
You can always add the buttons, but I'm sure it won't look as good as it does made by them.
To sum it all up, I never told anyone to search, but I will tell you, because you clearly need to.