Carputer for 2005 Nissan Altima
I am new to this carputer stuff, but I am very excited about starting this project.
I just bought a new 2005 Nissan Altima. After doing lots of research on the forum, I decided to go with this setup. I wanted to get your opinion and maybe some recommendation on these parts that I want to buy before I make any mistakes. For the computer I decided to go with the mini ITX and for the monitor I want to get the Lilliput 7" VGA Touchscreen. Here is a brief list of the hardware I am planning on buying:
- C134 Mini-ITX Case Black $140.00 (I wanted to go with the Morex Cubid 3688 Mini ITX case but it is not standard DIN, and since I wanted to mount the computer on the dashboard for easy access to usb ports and drive bay, I decided to get the C134)
- Lilliput 7" VGA Touchscreen 619GL-70NP $254
- VIA EPIA SP13000 Mini-ITX Motherboard $225
-Pioneer Slot Load DVR-K05 DVD±R/+R DL/±RW Dual Drive 8X $145.00
-2.5" Hard Drive 80GB Samsung 5400rpm $240
- Ultra Low Profile 512MB DDR PC3200 RAM $148.99
- Audigy 2 NX external USB sound
- Power Supply ( Don't know yet - Which should I get for this set up? )
- AMPLIFIER ( Don't know yet. Any recommendation would be appreciated)
- Speakers + Sub ( Haven't decided yet, also here any input would be appreciated)
- GPS ( Don't know which one to get yet)
- Keyboard and mouse (wireless preferable)
I think that's it, hope I did not forget anything too important.
This is what the dashboard for the 2005 Nissan Altima looks like:
I am thinking of mounting the monitor right where the small compartment is
and the computer wight below it where the LCD discplay is. I will probably have to take it to a shop to have it mounted since I am not very handy when it comes to these type of work and I do not have the tools. I have built many PCs myself ( desktop ), so I should not have problems with the PC set up and the wiring.
I have a budget of 1500.00 for the whole project, I don't want to spend more than that. I plan to finish it in probably 2 months if everything goes as planned.
If anybody is familiar with a good shop where I can have the monitor mounted, that would be great, I live in MD.