Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Just Joined, hoping to mod my Kia Sportage 2002

  1. #1
    Newbie Chrstpholofigus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    South Eastern Washington
    Posts
    4

    Cool Just Joined, hoping to mod my Kia Sportage 2002

    Hello everyone. I just joined this forum due to interest in having a carputer. I have a 2002 Kia Sportage for the rig i want to mod. Also, i have some spare computers lying around. I have 2 e-machines (533MHz and 466MHz) with the stock parts and upgraded ram (2x 128mb sticks). I know that these are old compys, but i figured that they would have more than enough processor power to run an MP3 system. Anywho...i'll start browsing the forum for the answers i am looking for, and if i can't find the info, i'll post here and ask.

  2. #2
    And then I was mod. Tidder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    New Mexico, USA
    Posts
    4,207
    Sounds good man, and welcome to the forum!
    Tidder

    Try RevFE
    The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

  3. #3
    _
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Little Elm, Texas
    Posts
    13,500
    welcome to the addiction!

    enjoy your stay and get comfy!
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

    Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

  4. #4
    MySQL Error Scouse Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    9,727
    hello!

    but i warn you now...533 is more than enough for an mp3system but be prepared to get sucked in and want gull gps and the whole package and have to go for something a bit more fiesty. if they are P3's then maybe look our for a nice little P3 1ghz CPU as those things are really good in a carPc due to low power consumption but cracking performance for the money and power.

  5. #5
    Newbie Chrstpholofigus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    South Eastern Washington
    Posts
    4
    Thanks for the friendly response all! The members can make or break a forum...so far you are all making it a pleasant experience for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Monkey View Post
    hello!

    but i warn you now...533 is more than enough for an mp3system but be prepared to get sucked in and want gull gps and the whole package and have to go for something a bit more fiesty. if they are P3's then maybe look our for a nice little P3 1ghz CPU as those things are really good in a carPc due to low power consumption but cracking performance for the money and power.
    Well, if it comes to that, I just ordered a new processor (AMD64 3400) to replace my AMD64 2800. Plus, my order came with a free gigabyte MB, so i think i have some expanding options LOL. I'll start with the little e-machines first though LOL.

  6. #6
    MySQL Error Scouse Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    9,727
    ahh sweet. AMD 64 it is then

    make sure you get a decent psu for WHEN you decide to upgrade

  7. #7
    xgc
    xgc is offline
    Low Bitrate
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    63
    Hi Chrst, and welcome to the forums

  8. #8
    Self proclaimed spoon feeder TruckinMP3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrstpholofigus View Post
    Hello everyone. I just joined this forum due to interest in having a carputer. I have a 2002 Kia Sportage for the rig i want to mod. Also, i have some spare computers lying around. I have 2 e-machines (533MHz and 466MHz) with the stock parts and upgraded ram (2x 128mb sticks). I know that these are old compys, but i figured that they would have more than enough processor power to run an MP3 system. Anywho...i'll start browsing the forum for the answers i am looking for, and if i can't find the info, i'll post here and ask.
    Welcome.... read a lot and ask good questions.
    TruckinMP3
    D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

    Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

    Read the FAQ!

  9. #9
    Constant Bitrate KaBoOoM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    117
    Hello and welcome to the forums. Also for an MP3 system you may need a nicer sound card.
    -------
    I'm hungry

  10. #10
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Springfield, IL
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrstpholofigus View Post
    Thanks for the friendly response all! The members can make or break a forum...so far you are all making it a pleasant experience for me.
    Then you haven't met some of our more notorious users yet.

    Welcome to the forums!
    "It's a blessing . . . and a curse."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-18-2006, 10:48 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-15-2006, 09:59 AM
  3. FAQ Tutorial: Wire/Pin Mod for Mobile Athlon
    By Quattro in forum The FAQ Emporium
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-06-2006, 01:50 PM
  4. 2002 Kia Majentis 2.5 Automatic
    By 2funk in forum Worklogs
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-22-2005, 06:04 PM
  5. CoPilot 2002 Nightime Mod
    By jup in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-28-2002, 04:07 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •