Need help determining if this is a Power, DVD, LCD, problem...
I've searched to see if there was anything that is remotely similar to my problem, but I'll be honest, I don't know exactly what key words to search for, and my search has turned up empty.
First off, here are my system specs:
- Travla C137 case
- Mini-ITX VIA EPIA M10000 Motherboard
- Embedded VIA C3 1Ghz CPU with Fan
- 512MB PC3200 DDR Ram
- Hitachi 30GB 2.5 Hard Drive
- DVD/CDRW Slim Slot Load Drive
- Creative PCI Sound Card
- OPUS 150W Power Supply inside Travla Case (On hot bench powered by regulated power supply 13.8V 3-5 amps)
- PCI 4 port USB Hub
- 7" 700TSV (Plugged in via AC adaptor)
- 9/06 RR build
- BMV2 skin
- MPC (default installed)
So here is a description of the problem:
Every now and then (not always), I'll hear a "click" and my computer goes into the following state:
- mobo is receiving power (mobo power LED is on, fans are on)
- LCD behaves as if no input (Get the "Power Off" message on TSV)
- Opus fans are still working, but LEDs "LD1" and "LD2" turn off on the Opus
- No response whatsover from the PC
First instance of this happening is during DVD playback. I don't have a reset button (yet) so I have to cut all power (mobo, opus, and hot bench power supply) to restart the PC. If I leave it alone for 5+ mins, everything will boot up once again. If I only cut the power to the opus and mobo (12V and IGN), it'll return to the state described above.
Can some please help me figure this out? What keywords should I use in my searches? What specifically should I check? I've checked all my wiring and I cannot see a bad ground, chaffed wires, or anything.
I'm at the last leg of my setup, after this, I'm ready for installation into the car.
Your help would be greatly appreciated.