Need some expert advise on how to install CarPC
Im new to the whole experience of setting up a carPC. I know there are lot of threads already floating around about what queries i am about to post. But reading them has already caused confusion. SO I figured the best thing for me to do is to list out what i have and how I can get it done.
What I currently Have :-
1. VM7100 - 7" TFT-LCD Touchscreen Car Monitor
2. VIA EPIA MII 10000
VIA C3 E-Series
1.0 GHz Processor
3. M2-ATX 160W PSU
4. VoomPC enclosure
5. 1GB Ram
6. 40 GB laptop hard disk
Now here are my questions:-
1. Can i connect the ATX PSU directly to the car battery?
2. I live in India and security aint the best here. Is there an LCD enclosure that i can build so that i can slide the screen away when not in use. Prefer it to be on the dash so i can access it easily.
3. Where is the best place to keep the CPU to avoid overheating and vibration?
4. I have a music pioneer head unit connected to 4 channel amp. Can i connect the PC to this to amp my sound and how is it done?
5. Does anyone have any documentation on hwo theyinstalled the same components that i have.
These are my initial questions for now. If any one has any tips and advise for now I would appreciate it.
Thanks a ton