Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: 539 $ US - Carpod GPS MP3 DVD Wireless Internet 7" touch screen

  1. #1
    Newbie rimbaudjet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    4

    539 $ US - Carpod GPS MP3 DVD Wireless Internet 7" touch screen

    Carpod GPS MP3 DVD Wireless Internet 7" touch screen
    ebay #260088457872

    What do you think about this system ??
    Anybody purchase this system from this company ?

    US $539.10

    -----------

    Liliput 7" LCD touch screen dash mount monitor
    Carputer (not sure but it looks like a nano ITX board ??)
    Route 66 or Delorme GPS sofware
    Wifi internet
    60 gb harddisk
    GPS pod

    from the ebay page:


    "ll items are brand new unit from Galleongps. The computer is housed in metal case (DxWxH=4.5in x 4.5in x 1.4in). This is incredably small, smaller than the pocket book, fits in the palm of your hand. All components chosen are state-of-the-art and will provide the highest possible performance in a mobile environment.
    Imagine how convenient now to navigate, surf and chat in the internet, read and write email, listen to your favorite music or simply doing some work or school assignment on your car/van/truck/boat. This is only possible with this car computer."

  2. #2
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    369
    there's so many carpc companies now on the bay most of them are respectable dunno about reputable. Pricing seems fair but it's a nano-itx. Small size but low on performance. It would really depend on the install whether or not this would be the right route to go. Is size and space a big decider for you?

  3. #3
    Newbie rimbaudjet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by guizai View Post
    It would really depend on the install whether or not this would be the right route to go. Is size and space a big decider for you?
    No I have plenty space. I have a small camper (westfalia style). I would like to use the carputer for mp3, divx, video, gps, web surfing.

    Is your system (VIA EPIA MII 1000) could do what I need ? Is it better than an nano ITX ??

    thanks (and sorry for my bad english !!!)

    Screen: Ex-Audio
    Motherboard: VIA EPIA MII 10000
    Memory: 512 MB
    Hard Drive #1: Maxtor 40 GIG
    Front End: RoadRunner
    GPS: iGuidance/BU-353
    PSU: M2-ATX

  4. #4
    Fusion Brain Creator 2k1Toaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado, but Canadian!
    Posts
    10,049
    Quote Originally Posted by rimbaudjet View Post
    No I have plenty space. I have a small camper (westfalia style). I would like to use the carputer for mp3, divx, video, gps, web surfing.

    Is your system (VIA EPIA MII 1000) could do what I need ? Is it better than an nano ITX ??

    thanks (and sorry for my bad english !!!)

    Screen: Ex-Audio
    Motherboard: VIA EPIA MII 10000
    Memory: 512 MB
    Hard Drive #1: Maxtor 40 GIG
    Front End: RoadRunner
    GPS: iGuidance/BU-353
    PSU: M2-ATX

    The epia boards are nano-itx and mini-itx. Since you have tons of room, you can save a bunch of money and go with a uATX or full ATX motherboard with an old processor (like 1Ghz P3 or Pentium M 1.7Ghz) and get a much faster computer for the same price. The only reason to go nano/mini-itx is for low low power and for space.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

  5. #5
    Takes it in the Rear kevinlekiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Where the penguins and polar bears live.
    Posts
    687
    Quote Originally Posted by rimbaudjet View Post
    No I have plenty space. I have a small camper (westfalia style). I would like to use the carputer for mp3, divx, video, gps, web surfing.

    Is your system (VIA EPIA MII 1000) could do what I need ? Is it better than an nano ITX ??

    thanks (and sorry for my bad english !!!)

    Screen: Ex-Audio
    Motherboard: VIA EPIA MII 10000
    Memory: 512 MB
    Hard Drive #1: Maxtor 40 GIG
    Front End: RoadRunner
    GPS: iGuidance/BU-353
    PSU: M2-ATX
    Salut mec, jsuis de montreal aussi

    It depends on what you need , usually a 1ghz (via epia mii ) is good enough for most stuff ( video + audio + gps ). BU-353 is a good receiver ( sirf iii ) and iGuidance has a good map of Quebec and has voice guidance.

    That pc on ebay doesnt seem very good ( 200mhz ) ( 128 mb of ram )

  6. #6
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    369
    well, I know my system can do all that, been testing it for awhile. I don't have as much experience with the nano so I can't answer the full performance quality. Hopefully someone else will chime in with their experience.

    oh, I didn't see that you were from Montreal, Bonjour!!

  7. #7
    Newbie rimbaudjet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by guizai View Post
    well, I know my system can do all that, been testing it for awhile. I don't have as much experience with the nano so I can't answer the full performance quality. Hopefully someone else will chime in with their experience.

    oh, I didn't see that you were from Montreal, Bonjour!!
    Merci beaucoup !

    Some questions: could you using your GPS system AND listen mp3s ??
    what about reading a DIVX or a DVD file ?? any jumps or sync problems with the video ??

    Rimbaud Jet

  8. #8
    Takes it in the Rear kevinlekiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Where the penguins and polar bears live.
    Posts
    687
    Quote Originally Posted by rimbaudjet View Post
    Merci beaucoup !

    Some questions: could you using your GPS system AND listen mp3s ??
    what about reading a DIVX or a DVD file ?? any jumps or sync problems with the video ??

    Rimbaud Jet
    La plus part des frontend joue de la musique pendant que tu navigue sur le gps. Et si tu va en mode video la musique est "pause", donc quand tu quitte le mode video ta musique est repris de ou tu était.

  9. #9
    Maximum Bitrate david69leonard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    521
    not alot of bang for the buck!!! No DEAL!!!

  10. #10
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    369
    i installed the latest codec packs and the Divx videos are playing fine. I had all 4 running, gps, winamp, roadrunner, and Windows media classic, at the same time with no problems.

Similar Threads

  1. Instructions on getting FREE wireless internet from T-Mobile using GPRS
    By bankingdom in forum Wireless Communications
    Replies: 298
    Last Post: 08-16-2011, 03:37 PM
  2. House dvd player in the car & Innotek ebay screen? hmm
    By thesupe87 in forum General MP3Car Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-07-2005, 12:30 PM
  3. FS: Complete Carputer System 7" Touch, 1Ghz, GPS, MUST GO!!
    By surfer6262 in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-18-2004, 05:47 PM
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-10-2004, 07:37 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-17-2004, 03:41 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •