So I went in to main.c and looked at lines 410 - 427. I simply removed the conditional statement around the part that pushes data to the database, so that it would always do that no matter what. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to test that because I ended up riding in a different car. However, I did run obdgpslogger in that car, and successfully got trip data, and successfully used obd2cvs and obd2kml to export it. I opened the KML file in Google Earth and saw my trip! That's proof of concept, so I'm pretty happy about that.
Grrr. I already had that done on another of my machines, I just hadn't committed it. No idea what possessed me to commit code where we assume the gpsdefault port is the exact same one as the obd port, that doesn't even make sense.
I did make one easy improvement to your software. Your GUI uses the same configuration value for the OBD device and the GPS device. I added another value for the GPS device in your CMakeLists file and in obdconfig.h.cmake. Now I have the GUI set up with default values so I can easily open it, start the GPSD, and start the logger.