Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 83

Thread: OMFG now I see why people hate vista so much

  1. #51
    Variable Bitrate will1384's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Jefferson, AR U.S.A
    Posts
    331
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola111 View Post
    Nickwell, here's a nice little article for you written by my good friend, Maddox.

    http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse....gi?u=macs_cant


    I have used macs off and on over the years, I still got 4 or 5 of them in storage
    and every time I find an old mac I still debate OSX or OS9, OS9 runs faster and
    there is a huge amount of software out there if you look, and it seams to me to
    be easer to setup the way I like, OSX is slower, it looks pretty, and I don't like
    pretty

    I find my self buying old macs as museum pieces, not sure why tho
    I get them, Fix them, Set up software on them, and configure the way I like,
    then they get put in storage, because there useless

    I guess I fell the same about Vista

  2. #52
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,736
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinlekiller View Post
    He skipped to xp.
    Many I know moaned how bad XP when it was first released, now they say its the best OS ever. They are the same guys who said windows 98 SE is the best and would not upgrade to XP.

    Guess what? its the same people who moaned how bad vista is. Give it a few years and they would say vista is the best OS.

    I could never understand it, just because its new to them and cant make it work it doesnt mean the OS is that bad.

    If I dont like it, I delete it

  3. #53
    SD beats everything. So there. danielkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    1,538
    I have tried installing Vista on a Dell XPS (one of the fastest systems), and afterwards half the drivers needed didn't exist. System was much slower than with XP. Went back to XP. Gave it almost a year, tried again on the same system. Most of the drivers existed (except some of the video controls), but really got tired of having to open everything as administrator and system was still slower. Finally, wanted to try smaller version on carputer. BIG mistake. Just installed the software and the thing crawled (said it was good for an upgrade).

    No, Vista doesn't suck because it is new. Vista sucks because it is a resource hog and no matter how new or fast a system, it will run slower than XP.

    As for "just because it's new to them and can't make it work.....", I really don't know the last I made a purchase and got ****ed because it was too easy to set up. XP, lock and load, nothing to setup or change, it loads, and it runs. Oh yeah, loved 98 when it came out, loved XP more when it came out. No.....Vista really is the dog everyone thinks it is. They should never have tried making "mac" clone software. Just stick with what you know.
    My opinion is my own.

  4. #54
    Takes it in the Rear kevinlekiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Where the penguins and polar bears live.
    Posts
    687
    I like vista but it doesn't work for me. I probably wouldn't have the problems if I had the 32 bit version.

  5. #55
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,736
    Nahh

    Vista is fine, give it a another year when most bugs and drivers are sorted out. By then HW are much more capable.

    Who want to run XP 32 in a 64-bit, 16 cores CPUs each running at 10GHz with 16GB of RAM? what a waste of HW me think.

  6. #56
    SD beats everything. So there. danielkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    1,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris31 View Post
    Nahh

    Vista is fine, give it a another year when most bugs and drivers are sorted out. By then HW are much more capable.

    Who want to run XP 32 in a 64-bit, 16 cores CPUs each running at 10GHz with 16GB of RAM? what a waste of HW me think.
    So what you really mean is Vista WILL BE fine in a year? That statement I agree with. If I were going to upgrade my computer in a year. A flying car is a great product too, but I'm not ready to buy one today.
    My opinion is my own.

  7. #57
    SD beats everything. So there. danielkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    1,538
    Ok, I may have sounded a bit combative in that last post. The truth is, Vista was released WAY before the market was ready. I am a strong Microsoft groupie and was during a time people were badmouthing them. I just couldn't get behind them on Vista.

    Even gave them 3 chances, which is 2 more than I would give most other companies. Think they were too busy trying to come out with something new, they forgot what was good.
    My opinion is my own.

  8. #58
    Variable Bitrate Jistari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    243
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris31 View Post
    Many I know moaned how bad XP when it was first released, now they say its the best OS ever. They are the same guys who said windows 98 SE is the best and would not upgrade to XP.

    Guess what? its the same people who moaned how bad vista is. Give it a few years and they would say vista is the best OS.

    I could never understand it, just because its new to them and cant make it work it doesnt mean the OS is that bad.

    If I dont like it, I delete it
    You guys are funny

    Every time the Win OS has been upgraded, Ive upgraded (starting with ver 1.0). I was looking forward to Vista also but due to the overwhelming uproar about vista, I held off. Cant say that I'm disapointed I did.

    If it works for you, great, Im sure its nice, but to color the people who havent changed over from XP to Vista at this stage of the game, as being general complainers that just resist change is in itself quite narrow minded.

    Unless you are living with your head in the ground, there are more people having more problems with Vista than ever did with any other version change. Thats just a fact.
    You can say its the hardware companies problem for not updating drivers and such, but what does that matter? Whoever is to blame (and its not about blame), it just doesnt work for significant numbers of people, so whats your point?

    Look, whether we like it or not, whether we buy it or not, whether we use it or not, we are all eventually going to have to change to whatever MS decides is the next OS.

    Me personaly ? Ill wait till it works before I upgrade.
    PDP1170/TRS80/Atari800XL/Amiga500/286/486/P2/P4/C2D/i7 still a newb (but an old newb, been doing this a while) working my way up to "Complete Newb"

  9. #59
    SD beats everything. So there. danielkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    1,538
    Just saw on ZDNet today they are looking at early release of Windows 7, whatever the heck that is. Didn't even know they were working on one.

    Anyway, schedule date was supposed to be early 2010, but since Vista's failure, it looks like they might work harder.
    My opinion is my own.

  10. #60
    Variable Bitrate will1384's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Jefferson, AR U.S.A
    Posts
    331
    Quote Originally Posted by danielkh View Post
    Just saw on ZDNet today they are looking at early release of Windows 7, whatever the heck that is. Didn't even know they were working on one.

    Anyway, schedule date was supposed to be early 2010, but since Vista's failure, it looks like they might work harder.
    "Windows Vista" is the new "Windows ME"

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12-23-2007, 08:12 PM
  2. What's up with Vista?
    By Artificial in forum StreetDeck
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-29-2007, 10:19 AM
  3. I hate my garmen, hate hate hate
    By Will Albers in forum GPS
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-03-2006, 10:14 AM
  4. I hate my life
    By lstrunk in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 10-17-2003, 09:08 AM
  5. Dont you hate when people mees with your stuff!
    By gizmomkr in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 06-17-2001, 09:20 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •