Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 83

Thread: OMFG now I see why people hate vista so much

  1. #71
    FLAC greatwhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Top o' the world Ma!
    Posts
    1,282
    I didn't waste any money, it came preloaded.

    Vista isn't anywhere bad as ME. I lived through ME and it had real issues. At least vista can be made to work, ME was hopeless..........

    If you get down into the guts of vista, you soon find out it can be made to work just fine. BUt you have to do your research and work at it. It is more customizable than people think.

    Speed is not a problem, drivers are not an issue...........but you need new drivers and/or equipment to get full use of it.

    So old equipment may not work with vista.

    Boo hoo.

    As I said, that's the fault of the manufacturer of the equipment for not releasing an updated driver. If they don't update the driver, you need new equipment.

    Simple.

    Of course, no one is ever going to be happy about buying new stuff............

    I'm finding that vista is a complicated system that they tried to make "noob proof".

    All that stuff that is in there to keep you 65 year old Mom for inexperienced user from messing things up just gets in the way of a better than average user. Lot of times the system even gets in the way of the inexerienced by asking them too many questions. It can get quite confusing for those not in the know. But you can turn most of it off if you spend some time to find out how.......

    Anyways, I like it. Others don't. Everyone's gotta find thier own way I guess.

    XP with a bit of style tossed in..........buy into the moaners and groaners bit**ing if you like.

    I'll do my own thinking thank-you very-much.............

    Cheers
    For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
    Leonardo Da Vinci

  2. #72
    SD beats everything. So there. danielkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    1,538
    Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    I didn't waste any money, it came preloaded.

    Vista isn't anywhere bad as ME. I lived through ME and it had real issues. At least vista can be made to work, ME was hopeless..........

    If you get down into the guts of vista, you soon find out it can be made to work just fine. BUt you have to do your research and work at it. It is more customizable than people think.
    If this is the arguement for Vista, then you might as well go with Linux for free.

    The claim to fame for any version of Windows, ANY version, is ease of use, speed, and compatability. If you have to do research to modify (your words, not mine), and then look for hard to find drivers, then by definition, it goes against the very fabric Windows is based on.

    Thus, it is nothing more than a new version of ME. Regardless if it works or not, the fact that it doesn't work "right out of the box" means it's a dog.

    I do love that arguement that it's the fault of the manufacturer......

    If I have 10 pieces of equipment, and my new operating system doesn't work with those 10, I am NOT going to blame the 10 manufacturers. lol
    My opinion is my own.

  3. #73
    FLAC greatwhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Top o' the world Ma!
    Posts
    1,282
    Look man, you seem to be nothing but arguementative with me no matter where I post.

    So how about this:

    We agree to disagree.

    You leave me alone, I leave you alone.

    everyones happy.

    Good bye.
    For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
    Leonardo Da Vinci

  4. #74
    SD beats everything. So there. danielkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    1,538
    Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    Look man, you seem to be nothing but arguementative with me no matter where I post.

    So how about this:

    We agree to disagree.

    You leave me alone, I leave you alone.

    everyones happy.

    Good bye.
    Actually, I was arguing with Chris and you jumped in. Notice the list of equipment used when loading Vista, in direction to Chris' statement on hardware and Vista? Why would my feelings towards his views of Vista change for your views of Vista?
    My opinion is my own.

  5. #75
    FLAC greatwhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Top o' the world Ma!
    Posts
    1,282
    Quote Originally Posted by danielkh View Post
    Actually, I was arguing with Chris and you jumped in. Notice the list of equipment used when loading Vista, in direction to Chris' statement on hardware and Vista? Why would my feelings towards his views of Vista change for your views of Vista?
    Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    Look man, you seem to be nothing but arguementative with me no matter where I post.

    So how about this:

    We agree to disagree.

    You leave me alone, I leave you alone.

    everyones happy.

    Good bye.
    For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
    Leonardo Da Vinci

  6. #76
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,736


    Great thread.

    I dont even intend to argue with anyone here, Im merely telling you guys what I think about vista. Like I said earlier, it does not work for everyone.

    Im upgrading my current workstation to 8 cores, 8Gb soon and Im not going back to XP for sure with that sort of spec. If it come to the worst I can alway boot on the XP HDD, not really the end of the world.

    It work for some and it doesnt work for some, lets leave it at that, Im too busy enjoying my Vista

  7. #77
    SD beats everything. So there. danielkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    1,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris31 View Post


    Great thread.

    I dont even intend to argue with anyone here, Im merely telling you guys what I think about vista. Like I said earlier, it does not work for everyone.

    Im upgrading my current workstation to 8 cores, 8Gb soon and Im not going back to XP for sure with that sort of spec. If it come to the worst I can alway boot on the XP HDD, not really the end of the world.

    It work for some and it doesnt work for some, lets leave it at that, Im too busy enjoying my Vista
    I know......argue with you and get in trouble with someone completely different. lol

    <deleted> Just can't do it. roflmao

    Thanks alot!
    My opinion is my own.

  8. #78
    FLAC greatwhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Top o' the world Ma!
    Posts
    1,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris31 View Post


    Great thread.

    I dont even intend to argue with anyone here, Im merely telling you guys what I think about vista. Like I said earlier, it does not work for everyone.
    That's all I was doing also. Originally.

    Quote Originally Posted by danielkh View Post
    I know......argue with you and get in trouble with someone completely different. lol

    Builds cars, Builds software, makes more than $35/hr, emergency worker, knows that a wiimote can be used as anything (haven't seen a single news press on his inventions though), uses a desktop in his car, drives a '04 chrysler, runs a free front end and wouldn't pay for satellite. This guy must be richer than bill gates and you made me start a fight with him.

    Thanks alot!
    Stalker.

    And once again:

    Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    Look man, you seem to be nothing but arguementative with me no matter where I post.

    So how about this:

    We agree to disagree.

    You leave me alone, I leave you alone.

    everyones happy.

    Good bye.
    Please stop trying to provoke somhing more.................won't work. I'm done with your pointless arguements.

    (yes, I realize the irony in replying again)

    Good day.

    *edit*

    Actually I forgot there's an ignore option in vbulletin. Think I'll make use of it.

    Cheers
    For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
    Leonardo Da Vinci

  9. #79
    SD beats everything. So there. danielkh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Posts
    1,538
    Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    Cheers
    Well, I tried being nice and removing it.

    Too funny!
    My opinion is my own.

  10. #80
    FLAC greatwhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Top o' the world Ma!
    Posts
    1,282
    Crap, ignore doesn't work on live posts!

    Anyways, remove it or not, you said it. Damage was done.

    Just like normal spoken conversation, you should think about it before you do it.

    Now I can't use "live posts" either................

    Groose frabba, groose frabba......................
    For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
    Leonardo Da Vinci

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12-23-2007, 08:12 PM
  2. What's up with Vista?
    By Artificial in forum StreetDeck
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-29-2007, 10:19 AM
  3. I hate my garmen, hate hate hate
    By Will Albers in forum GPS
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-03-2006, 10:14 AM
  4. I hate my life
    By lstrunk in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 10-17-2003, 09:08 AM
  5. Dont you hate when people mees with your stuff!
    By gizmomkr in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 06-17-2001, 09:20 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •