Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40

Thread: unusuall internet Speed :)

  1. #1
    Maximum Bitrate pRoFiT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fresno, CA
    Posts
    795

    unusuall internet Speed :)

    My house flickered like a power outage was about to happen and my network died. So i rebooted the router and the cable modem. After that i'm now getting 4 times the speed!



    I use to have like 4-6mbs now im getting 15! and like 700k upload now 2mb!

    I hope it stays this way
    Um, I guess this is where you put something witty.WITTY

    My Web site, in the design stage. http://home.comcast.net/~cstrachn

    Modified RRSkinEditor http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/rr-skins/65723-rrskineditor-bugs-fixes-comments-current-progress-outdated.html

  2. #2
    Vendor - Qube colin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    796
    Im guessing everyone elses modems must have gone down too and you just punked all the bandwidth? I hope so anyway, I'll be pretty upset if you're getting an average 15mb/s download while Im stuck here with much less!

  3. #3
    Low Bitrate Jitters333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    62

    funny thats my average dl on the lowest comcast contract =]

    Edit:Ha but you live in cali thats why XD

  4. #4
    Vendor - Qube colin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    796
    Holy upload!



    I live in Niagara Falls (very busy city) in Canada so... thats my only excuse.

  5. #5
    North of the land of Hey Huns
    Auto Apps:loading...

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Westminster, MD
    Posts
    2,127
    I used to be able to get 20mb/s on upload meters because of comcast's "speedboost", but it was only a 10 second burst before it went down to 6 again
    "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
    RevFE
    My Shop

  6. #6
    Low Bitrate Jitters333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by colin View Post
    Holy upload!



    I live in Niagara Falls (very busy city) in Canada so... thats my only excuse.
    Snap; How much are you paying for that, my bill is 45 usd

  7. #7
    Fusion Brain Creator 2k1Toaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado, but Canadian!
    Posts
    10,049
    Comcast speed/rates are a ripoff at various parts of the country/continent.

    The lowest price gets anything from 4mbps to 20mbps depending where you live. Here in the boonies there are no competitors, so they dont really care. The maximum I can get if I were to pay $75/mo would be 12Mbps. Complete crap. Only alternative is Quest DSL though at like 800kbps down.

    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

  8. #8
    Low Bitrate Jitters333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
    Comcast speed/rates are a ripoff at various parts of the country/continent.

    The lowest price gets anything from 4mbps to 20mbps depending where you live. Here in the boonies there are no competitors, so they dont really care. The maximum I can get if I were to pay $75/mo would be 12Mbps. Complete crap. Only alternative is Quest DSL though at like 800kbps down.

    Yeah back when I lived in the boonies the bill was 45 usd for 2megs totally bs but thats all there was "Country Cable" hahaha a mom n' pop service

  9. #9
    Fusion Brain Creator 2k1Toaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado, but Canadian!
    Posts
    10,049
    Quote Originally Posted by Jitters333 View Post
    Yeah back when I lived in the boonies the bill was 45 usd for 2megs totally bs but thats all there was "Country Cable" hahaha a mom n' pop service
    Well we have no competition. Boonies I guess was a little strong for me to say. There are half a million people here, and we are less than 60 miles from Denver. But even in Denver the speed is less than 10Mbps.

    I cant wait until Verizon comes and lays fiber around here. That'll make Comcast take their stupid bandwidth caps off.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

  10. #10
    Low Bitrate Jitters333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
    Well we have no competition. Boonies I guess was a little strong for me to say. There are half a million people here, and we are less than 60 miles from Denver. But even in Denver the speed is less than 10Mbps.

    I cant wait until Verizon comes and lays fiber around here. That'll make Comcast take their stupid bandwidth caps off.
    yeah and im waiting for portlands wimax to start to spread over my direction! =D
    yeah country cable serviced ~300 customers hahaha no where near 1/2 a mill

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Dial up status / Internet Connection Settings Digital Mod
    By sharpmat007 in forum DigitalMods (Scripts / API)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-31-2008, 08:47 AM
  2. SD in G4 not accessing internet
    By Hockeynut in forum StreetDeck Bug Reports
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-28-2007, 10:33 AM
  3. ok i got 2 tickets i need help
    By ricecrispy210 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10-18-2006, 06:06 PM
  4. creative vision:m / hi speed usb. HELP
    By grim in forum General MP3Car Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-16-2006, 03:31 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •