Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38

Thread: JS8531's Fun Thread Of Yay!

  1. #1
    And then I was mod. Tidder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    New Mexico, USA
    Posts
    4,207

    JS8531's Fun Thread Of Yay!

    Quote Originally Posted by JS8531 View Post
    It is unfortunate that this site have turned into ****ing contest.

    Considering its you first install, you have done extremely well. You are right about the motorizing, some think its an easy task and are so quick to jump into critisizing your work, funny they are the people who has nothing to show.
    Hmm... almost everyone that commented in this thread has a CarPC. Do you mean they don't have a show car to show off?

    Quote Originally Posted by JS8531
    Anyway, nice work, nice install, nice everything, you will go far with that. You did it because you can, others see nothing much of it because they cant.

    It must be your low post count that annoyed the regulars seeing you done something that they couldnt and it must be their insecurity kicking in... that there are some really talented people out there who hardly post in this forum. Wearing the green medals and post count is more important to them than end results.
    There are also some really talented people that post here all the time. Your negativity only allows you to see what you want to see. Your feelings have been hurt, and it'll just take some time to heal.
    Tidder

    Try RevFE
    The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

  2. #2
    FLAC
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,321
    tidder, i think some of your walmart greeter just showed a little... JS8531 has a solid point based on past postings of other installs. But in this case, you have a point too and i think overall this project is funny... like, point at it and laugh funny (not as, but almost as good as "My 1993 Chrysler Lebaron")

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    38
    Its funny how I was shot on the other thread for being negative when I was merely stating the truth why some people give up on their install. And those are the same people whos being negative on this thread now. The hostility of the regulars toward someone who done some real work is extemely intense here.

    Talk about functionality, sure show car is just that, a show car, functional or not thats how they are. So in this carpc site we have people using fusion brain to control their side windows, horn, booth, etc etc. Why wait for the PC to boot up, touch the screen to operate the required function when you have a nice up/down button right there on the side handle of the door, is that real functionality? I guess not but their choice to have it.

    Like what bemenaker the whole concept of the carpc is silly to the majority. It does really make you wonder what the mentality is like in this forum. I would have thought that mods and regulars are supposed to be promoting this hobby, unfortunately is their hostility thats killing it slowly.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidder View Post
    Hmm... almost everyone that commented in this thread has a CarPC. Do you mean they don't have a show car to show off?



    There are also some really talented people that post here all the time. Your negativity only allows you to see what you want to see. Your feelings have been hurt, and it'll just take some time to heal.
    Wait a minute, you and malcolm just annoyed another member whos merely showing his work? The guy could be an asset to this site and probably has many things to contribute, instead you greeted him with some crappy attitude of yours.

    What does that tell you about your behaviour? have you taken over DP's job or what?

  5. #5
    Fusion Brain Creator 2k1Toaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado, but Canadian!
    Posts
    10,049
    Ah jeeze... stop crapping in every thread you see.

    We ****ed you off by showing you how stupid your argument was about the death of a carpc, now you want to just repeat the same things again in every thread.

    This forum in general is NOT mean. It is blunt. We are the people that will say "yes you look fat in those pants" not because we are mean but because it is true and doesn't deserve sugar coating.

    As I said above, the screen thing is not my style. A little bit too MTV. But this doesnt look like a daily driver so who cares. The video is choppy and I would prefer images of the install process along with a more thorough writeup supplemented by a video instead of just the video by itself, but to each his own.

    I also agree the execution of the fiberglass is top notch. I would like to see some higher res photos of the screen areas and such but from what I can tell it looks smooth and shiny which is something I could never pull off.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

  6. #6
    FLAC
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,321
    Quote Originally Posted by JS8531 View Post
    Like what bemenaker the whole concept of the carpc is silly to the majority. It does really make you wonder what the mentality is like in this forum. I would have thought that mods and regulars are supposed to be promoting this hobby, unfortunately is their hostility thats killing it slowly.
    i think the problem is the old-timers here started out when there was NO help, anywhere. they just dove in with the cash, time and patience to make it work- and work they did a lot of. its like never being in alaska and trying to tell the guys from deadliest catch that your boat is the best on the water... youre going to get laughed at.

    if the op can post a video from a camera that was mounted on a tripod or sound shoulders, explained what each component was and how its working, and try to justify a 19"lcd in the trunk then he would have had great responses. in my opinion, the high dollar fancy installs go over MUCH better here then the budget DIY stuff does anyway... if he just presented it in a somewhat normal fashion im sure things would have went a lot smoother.

  7. #7
    And then I was mod. Tidder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    New Mexico, USA
    Posts
    4,207
    Quote Originally Posted by JS8531 View Post
    What does that tell you about your behaviour? have you taken over DP's job or what?
    Comparing me to DP... I'm speechless. I could only hope to someday be as good as him. His no-nonsense attitude has really helped a lot of people get up and do things all by themselves instead of waiting to be spoonfed. Sure, he's ****ed a lot of people off, but more people have gone on and ended up with a great install than have left.
    Tidder

    Try RevFE
    The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
    Ah jeeze... stop crapping in every thread you see.

    We ****ed you off by showing you how stupid your argument was about the death of a carpc, now you want to just repeat the same things again in every thread.

    This forum in general is NOT mean. It is blunt. We are the people that will say "yes you look fat in those pants" not because we are mean but because it is true and doesn't deserve sugar coating.

    As I said above, the screen thing is not my style. A little bit too MTV. But this doesnt look like a daily driver so who cares. The video is choppy and I would prefer images of the install process along with a more thorough writeup supplemented by a video instead of just the video by itself, but to each his own.

    I also agree the execution of the fiberglass is top notch. I would like to see some higher res photos of the screen areas and such but from what I can tell it looks smooth and shiny which is something I could never pull off.
    Jeez you butted in again, Im not talking about you. Your comment was decent and civil so I have no reason to notice it.

    After all, its fusion thats being demostrated there, theres no reason for you to say anything negative about his install. It is your own product being demonstrated there, LOL pretty obvious what your comment should be LOL.

    Jesus christ have people in this forum really gone that stupid? I have known people here dating back the frodo days and bgoodman. Alot of things has certairnly changed in here.

  9. #9
    And then I was mod. Tidder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    New Mexico, USA
    Posts
    4,207
    Quote Originally Posted by JS8531 View Post
    Jesus christ have people in this forum really gone that stupid? I have known people here dating back the frodo days and bgoodman. Alot of things has certairnly changed in here.
    Lots has changed. Lots of good people left, lots of garbage has come and gone. However one thing that I can't seem to figure out is why you came back. All of your posts since you've rejoined have been nothing but bad-mouthing the community and informing everyone of how crappy the forums are these days. Why are YOU here? I'm here because I still help those that really are in need of it. I hang out a lot in the newbie section. Where do YOU hang out? Who are YOU helping?
    Tidder

    Try RevFE
    The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by HiJackZX1 View Post
    OMG, your leaving your comments all over the place, like a plauge, lol.

    There is nothing wrong with competition, it helps get people thinking and build upon their installs and ideas. If I didnt look at other peoples installs and think, hey I can improve on that, i'd probably have some old clunky system like a APPLE 2E as my carpc. I am sure people have also looked at my install and got ideas from it. Others may think, d@mn HiJack is an idiot for putting all that $h!+ in his car. Its all about taste and preference. I have never read where someone has said, hey my Car PC is better then yours. Its always been a sharing and swapping of ideas.

    What I get from Crimpdaddy is that I redesign my whole rear to fit all my stuff and still make a panel that looks good, but also functional. Same with the center console.
    Well yeah, Im on a mission right now

    Well think about it, this thread could turned out to be a useful thread for you seeing you liked his install. Look like the guy is not comming back and I guess you know where it all went wrong.

    Good luck, Im outta here.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Antatomy of an lgbr Thread
    By edrex in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 458
    Last Post: 12-07-2005, 09:17 PM
  2. French bashing thread AKA lighthearted fun
    By Enforcer in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-16-2005, 02:21 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •