Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 95

Thread: Cellphones: Why do they enforce 'smartphones' upon us? Why...

  1. #71
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2
    By now, I sense a marked tendency to manic smear, oriental fuzzy logic and the urge to manipulate other people in the sense of what you, Oldspark, perceive are *your* personal interests, no matter what this means for the vast majority. Also, I do not discover any attempt to counter my technical arguments - which should convince anyone who just knows the basics - with facts.

    I still refuse to accept the industry's decisions, and will so in the future. If this had anything to do with reason, then we were given a *choice*. But we are being forced to use 'smartphones', instead of the proven classical european formula - netbook via a HSPA-modem cellphone, and everything properly mounted, removable. Tell me/us what is wrong with that, instead of continuing to produce more hear-say, insinuations and other machinations.

    It was you who brought up the issue with your country of origin, not questioned by me, right? .)

  2. #72
    Raw Wave
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,113
    Oh dear, fuzzy logic. You obviously outgun my clouded logic and knowledge.

    I'm glad you reject industry decisions. It's about time someone lay down for their own market.

    I apologise for my rush which reflects my interest level. I thought your statement re country origins referred to me. I guess I'm a kind of sequential guy.

    I'll leave you to it since commercial offerings have little bearing on what I do.

    All the best for your majority. Beware the chameleon.

    Over & out.

  3. #73
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, Washington, United States
    Posts
    221
    This went from a misguided suspicion of smartphones being "forced" on people (when it is really just an issue of smartphone being better) to a full on conspiracy theory, political thread.

    Sap, this is nonsense. Stop it.

    The iPhone created the smartphone market we see today by being *amazing* when it launched. Every other company took notice and wanted a piece of that action and Google's Android OS made that possible. That is why you see smartphone everywhere. CDMA is actually a broken technology and GSM is an international model. From what I have seen, only US cellular companies Verizon Wireless and Sprint use CDMA and even those two are phasing it out as the next generation of digital connection (LTE) continues to grow.

    Your arguments have little to no foundation on fact and frankly I'm disappointed in myself for reading so much of it. It was like listening to Ross Perot describe how the government ruined his daughter's wedding.

    Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

  4. #74
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2
    Again no bothering with my arguments. Just (dis-) qualifications.

    That's the german style. I advocate the anglosaxon style, which is *choices*. Isn't this a crazy world we have ended up in, where everything is upside down...

    Again: I do not want to have a 'smartphone' (which I consider rather a dumbphone, apart from the technical achievement as such) enforced on me, and after the experience made with my construction and the clearly (swiss) government's desperate attempts to prevent me from reaching the result of my construction (by applying very dirty tricks), there is little doubt left that the powers-that-be have decided that 'smartphones' are what is best for the sheeple; the classic european formula is too professional and therefore reserved for state actors and their ilk. And business life obeys, because they want government orders. What is there that cannot be comprehended?

    They will commit almost any crime in order to prevent you from achieving what would be your legal right. After all, there are no laws that prohibit private citizens to have and operate computers in their cars, or cellphones connected to an outside antenna in their cars, or if these 2 are interconnected in order to facilitate rapid internet access via the phone's HSPA modem and its external antenna.

    Politicians and their food chain abuse the power entrusted to them for pursuing their private 'stammtischpolitik' ('stammtisch' = the regulars' table at inns in the german-language countries; traditionally the place where ordinary people talk about 'politik').


    NB Update:

    The text down in the last paragraph at

    www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXacN_Whrms

    has changed. I refer there to an utterly simple website (compared to that, my video is sophisticated) where the rest of the info is given, with regard to

    - how you yourself do it,

    - how far I have come, and the tiny rest that remains to be done,

    - how I can be reached privately.

  5. #75
    Newbie Quaraxkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9
    Let me see if I have this straight...

    You want the capabilities (or lack thereof) of a carphone from the 1980's. Today. In 2012. Because that's better than a modern-day smartphone? And you think that todays smartphones are being forced on you by *your* government, and you blame the US government? Your attempts to mimic 1980's technology in your own car have utterly failed, and you claim agents of *your* government have physically broken into your vehicle and sabotaged your inept attempts at this install, and you blame the US government for this as well? Basically your stance is that because *you* are incapable of achieving what probably 80% of the members of this very forum have done in their own cars, there's a conspiracy against you and all the other "smart" people that want to go back to 1980's technology. Am I leaving anything out?

    I'm with you on one point: Some modern smartphones are not all that great. The main offender being the iPhone, it's a dumbed-down device that's only capable of doing anything "smart" if you hack it. But, to imply that the use of a smartphone is being forced upon you is incomprehensibly misinformed.

    As has already been pointed out, *everything* you want is already achievable today. You keep passing by this point without mention. Please elaborate on what exactly is *not* possible? Is it the external antenna? If you can't find one, it's because nobody wants one. Why? They're useless. If your phone is dropping calls, its because your cell coverage is garbage. An external antenna *may* improve your signal, but that would just be a band-aid for the lack of a proper network in your area, and again has nothing to do with the US government. Radiation? There have been 0 (that's zero) legitimate/substantiated studies that show cellphone use has *any* detrimental health effects.

    So what's the problem? If your gripe is with the government agents who are breaking into your car, get a security camera. I'd be interested to see what happens when you realize nobody is breaking into your car. How important do you think *you* are that your government needs to screw with a couple of little powerless devices that you want to plug into your car?
    Last edited by Quaraxkad; 05-09-2012 at 09:46 AM.

  6. #76
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaraxkad View Post
    Let me see if I have this straight...
    No, I've already seen your text.

    Quote Originally Posted by Quaraxkad View Post
    You want the capabilities (or lack thereof) of a carphone from the 1980's.
    No. Read my earlier texts and descriptions: I want a handheld phone, 3G is fine, PLUS a complete carkit for this phone, as was usual during the 2G era - in Europe, and as an import from there also in Australia and New Zealand. The carkit, once connected to car battery, audio components (mic/speaker) and external antenna, converted the handheld phone into a full-fledged but removable carphone, the moment it was laid into the holder. It also offered connection to this phone's modem, but during 2G, this was not an attractive option due to low speed - that's why we now use 3G (or 4G).


    Quote Originally Posted by Quaraxkad View Post
    Today. In 2012.
    Polemic intent duely noted.


    Quote Originally Posted by Quaraxkad View Post
    Because that's better than a modern-day smartphone?

    I prefer a netbook connected to a 3G cellphone, because under the bottomline, I consider this formula superior to a smartphone. I explained all the details earier in this thread. I do see that there are people who look upon this differently. I don't know who likes what, and I don't care. But where I do care is that I am being forced. I reject this style. I demand choice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Quaraxkad View Post
    And you think that todays smartphones are being forced on you by *your* government, and you blame the US government?
    Again a polemic spin. Our economy imitates your economy (a very few exceptions apart, like the car industry), and your economy is under your government's control. Why would your police cars have special features that civilian cars of that same series don't have? This is a logic which is unknown over here. (But I'm confident, your government will manage ours to also copy you there.) If your government does this with cars, it will do it in other trades as well. As IT is considered a kind of weapon, any other acting pattern would be unlogical.


    Quote Originally Posted by Quaraxkad View Post
    Your attempts to mimic 1980's technology in your own car have utterly failed,

    They have not utterly failed. I was almost there (low mic volume was the remaining problem), when a nocturnal swiss 'stasi' intervention threw me back - they clearly changed something in the blackbox, which led to a sudden malfunction of the speaker in connection to that box. I did describe it, would you kindly look it up instead of boring us to death.


    Quote Originally Posted by Quaraxkad View Post
    and you claim agents of *your* government have physically broken into your vehicle
    They have master keys for all models. Why do you think governments require each single car model to be allowed on their market to obtain a type registration?


    Quote Originally Posted by Quaraxkad View Post
    and sabotaged your inept attempts at this install,
    Not my installation, the blackbox. Thus a piece of electronics.


    Quote Originally Posted by Quaraxkad View Post
    and you blame the US government for this as well?
    Endless polemics. Do you have evil intentions?


    Quote Originally Posted by Quaraxkad View Post
    Basically your stance is that because *you* are incapable of achieving what probably 80% of the members of this very forum have done in their own cars, there's a conspiracy against you and all the other "smart" people that want to go back to 1980's technology. Am I leaving anything out?

    I am inviting the friendly part of those 80 % to contact me via my email address mentioned down at http://pro-mobile-internet.zxq.net/ on how to undo the apparent change to the blackbox performed by the swis stasi, which they clearly did in order to keep me from achieving my goal.


    Quote Originally Posted by Quaraxkad View Post

    I'm with you on one point: Some modern smartphones are not all that great. The main offender being the iPhone, it's a dumbed-down device that's only capable of doing anything "smart" if you hack it. But, to imply that the use of a smartphone is being forced upon you is incomprehensibly misinformed.

    If

    - what was available only 10 years ago during the 2G era, and which enabled me to perform the construction desired by me is no longer available,

    and if

    - whoever of those encountered in the trade trips me during my own attempts to reach this goal,

    and if

    - I finally find an amateur radio fan who actually helps,

    to then find out that the stasi (stealth) shows up to create me artificial new problems, then yes - they want to keep me from reaching what was possible before. And as the only available alternative are smartphones, then yes: They do attempt to enforce smartphones upon me - and in this case that's us.



    Quote Originally Posted by Quaraxkad View Post
    As has already been pointed out, *everything* you want is already achievable today.

    No. Everything which was pointed out did NOT get me there. It was just primitive bling-bling technology.

    Quote Originally Posted by Quaraxkad View Post
    You keep passing by this point without mention. Please elaborate on what exactly is *not* possible?
    Read http://pro-mobile-internet.zxq.net/ . The second half gives you the status.

    Quote Originally Posted by Quaraxkad View Post
    Is it the external antenna? If you can't find one, it's because nobody wants one.
    Utter polemic. How do antenna makers like Smarteq (see my webpage) survive then?

    Quote Originally Posted by Quaraxkad View Post
    Why? They're useless.
    I explained in every detail why they are essential. Your network oeprators show me I'm right it by equipping each bease station with one - in fact, bundles of them. If they were not necessary, they would put a cloth hanger instead at the end of their amplifiers' HF stages, and obviously *inside* the container, which should definitely be hidden in a remote valley.

    Quote Originally Posted by Quaraxkad View Post
    If your phone is dropping calls, its because your cell coverage is garbage. An external antenna *may* improve your signal, but that would just be a band-aid for the lack of a proper network in your area, and again has nothing to do with the US government.
    Our (european) overall coverage is probably second to none in the world. Still an external antenna in preferred - for range, link quality, health reasons.

    Quote Originally Posted by Quaraxkad View Post
    Radiation? There have been 0 (that's zero) legitimate/substantiated studies that show cellphone use has *any* detrimental health effects.
    Like I said, some people may be less vulnerable. Others are. I DO feel the radiation, after some time of closer exposure. And it's not a good feeling. And I saw my concerns confirmed in a number of trustworthy articles already.

    Quote Originally Posted by Quaraxkad View Post
    So what's the problem? If your gripe is with the government agents who are breaking into your car, get a security camera.
    They'll be masked, drive a vehicle with a false licence tag.

    Quote Originally Posted by Quaraxkad View Post
    I'd be interested to see what happens when you realize nobody is breaking into your car. How important do you think *you* are that your government needs to screw with a couple of little powerless devices that you want to plug into your car?
    Important enough that one of them - you - recollects all his rhetoric and polemic teachings together, in order to embark on a rant which this forum may have seen for the first time. .)
    Last edited by sap_plus; 05-09-2012 at 02:11 PM. Reason: put individual quotes to make it more obvious what is said by whom

  7. #77
    licensed to kill - FKA kev000
    Auto Apps:loading...
    tripzero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    16.40618, 120.61106
    Posts
    2,560
    You have yet to convince me there is a market for carkits. The burden of proof hangs on you to show there is and therefor it's a government conspiracy that they don't exist.

    What country do you live in sap?
    Former author of LinuxICE, nghost, nobdy.
    Current author of Automotive Message Broker (AMB).
    Works on Tizen IVI. Does not represent anyone or anything but himself.

  8. #78
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2
    In order to reply to you, I just had to accept a 'classified posting violation 1', if I understood it properly.

    I don't really know what that is, and most of all I don't know what it should be for.

    Well then, as I see that only guys like you reply, and in always the same predictably useless way (meaning you probably pursue some hidden agenda), and finally as I have said basically everything that can be said, I tend to end my cooperation at this stage.

    Have you heard, you and your like-minded? From now on it's clearway for whatever drivel comes to your mind. .)

  9. #79
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2
    How do I delete this thing?
    Last edited by sap_plus; 05-09-2012 at 02:09 PM.

  10. #80
    Raw Wave
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,113
    Too late, the e-colon has infected you!

    It sounds like you really should move...

    Not that our gov't protects us from the health of our economy. VIZ - after a significant cancer/tumor rate for top-floor staff under mobile (GSM!!) towers, the response was that they were installed "IAC with Standards" etc, & the usual "no proof of GSM causing cancers" etc.
    Regular readers know my thoughts on that - it's another "peanut" story....
    And not that's that why base stations use those antennas....



    I really should end this and sent the poor sap some of our car kits. At least we encompass all available bands, though I'm not sure if our 3G uses the extended range (distance, coverage) that we added to our GSM.

    If I had my way, GSM's high PEP would be illegal. But we can't stop progress eh?
    Or maybe GSM on the CB band?


    I suggest that we let the trawlers respond to the Sap in their own way - if they dare! If his ilk get incarcerated for whistle-blowing, imagine a direct gov't violation! Oh, sorry, that's the same thing... Swiss commerce & state are one & the same.


    Sap - let us know how you get on.
    Or do some traveling so that we can help.


    Best wishes.

Similar Threads

  1. cellphones=the next carputer?
    By -zip- in forum General MP3Car Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-23-2006, 07:12 AM
  2. FS/FT cellphones, mp3 player, servos
    By Escalade182 in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-14-2006, 08:31 PM
  3. Smartphones
    By LekanB in forum PhoneControl
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 07-24-2005, 06:16 AM
  4. Wireless Data on Prepaid Cellphones?
    By wizardPC in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-18-2003, 03:29 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •