Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 128

Thread: the wife and i had 'the talk'

  1. #71
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Olympia, WA
    Posts
    466
    Quote Originally Posted by migel628
    Good insight, I must say...I'll have to look into this sometime soon However, I still haven't heard of any updates on Gambit's situtation...
    Update...hmmm...I haven't been around much so let me see what's happened since. Not much to be honest. I got divorce papers today-not from her, on my own. I dl'ed them from our state's website. She came over today to talk about concerns I had with the kids. It went well. I get the kids Tuesdays and Thursdays plus every other weekend. I told her that I'm going to fill out the paperwork this week and give it to her to sign. Everything is very amicable. I have no anger at all. She has no anger. We're good, just not together and we're big enough to realize it. Let's see, we're splitting everything evenly. We don't have any major assets so that's not a worry. She's getting the new Explorer we just bought because the kids are living with her. I'm getting the 62" TV and my car.

    We were laughing because we've talked more since this has happened then we did over the last two years. In fact (here's the Jerry Springer angle...) she wants to hook me up with a friend of ours. She was telling me that the first time she met this woman, she thought that she and I would be perfect and she was scared that if I met her that I would instantly fall for her. That's how much we fell out of love. Now we can actually be friends. I know it's kinda weird about the ex hooking me up with another woman, but it's really not. I guess you have to be here to understand. About this woman, she's hot but most of all she's cool. At this point I'll probably just date around though. I'm going to a halloween party Friday in Seattle. That should be good.

    Allow me to get a little deep...lol...just kidding BUT I have been doing a lot of soul searching/self inventory-and I'm not one for psycho babble. I never realized how much I sacrficed during this marriage. I gave up/compromised a lot. I know marriage is about compromise, but it's not about giving up what makes you happy. Marriage should be about happiness and sharing your dreams. We both gave up on things that we shouldn't have. Enough sappiness and psycho babble.

    So.....some of the things that I plan on changing and have changed. I'm going to start working out again. I loved it when I did it but I stopped to be at home more. I actually started back into it today. Seated rows were kicking my arse (for the UK guys). I need to get to looking like my old pic (see attachment). I'm also going to take guitar lessons. I have a nice acoustic guitar that collects dust. My son and I are going to take lessons. I'm also going to resurrect my DJ equipment. It currently sits in my garage in it's coffin. I might even sell it, not sure though. I'm buying a motorcycle. That's one biggie that I sacrificed. The ex didn't like the idea of me riding on I-5 on a bike. Anyone from WA/CA/OR can tell you how hectic the highway gets. I'm also seriously contemplating going back to school. I need to do something more fulfilling. So law school is something that I might take a shot at. I've always wanted to be a criminal defense attorney. The other school option is becoming a teacher. That would most definitely be a labor of love because we all know they don't get paid much. I already have a BA in accounting and haven't been out of school that long so getting back into it wouldn't be difficult. The ex and I discussed possible tweaks to the schedule because of school. I'm still young (31), relative to the real world and not necessarily to the board lol. I'm also going to start writing again. Oh yeah, to add to the fireworks in this thread, I'm going to go to church next Sunday. Take it for what it's worth.

    If you read this far...I'm good. Thanks for asking.

  2. #72
    What can I say? I like serial. Curiosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Florence Yall, BFKY
    Posts
    2,684
    eatyummypuppies - You believe this to be complete and utter truth, as true as your own existance, am I right? Not trying to start anything. I'm just curious as always.

  3. #73
    FLAC
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    1,612
    I'm still suprised that this thread is civil.

    Quote Originally Posted by eatyummypuppies
    You know, I often wonder how the true christian™ could assume any task in life other than the relentless worship of his delusions. If earthen life is nothing but a precursor to eternity in heaven, shouldn't he dedicate fully this ephemeral existence for the sake of the aforementioned? From this alone we can surmise that in the deepest recesses of their minds, christians hold no firm belief in god; in its place they possess a blazing, indomitable yearning for validation.
    I'm beginning to think that you've never read a word of the bible. A christian has many things in life that represent worship without you realizing it. I will freely admit that I usually do not dedicate 100% of my time to worship, but I've found myself worshipping him many times without even realizing it. I guess I have alot in my life that I believe would have never been possible without christ. Believe what you will, But I'll stick with my bible and what it teaches.

    Romans 8:31
    What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

  4. #74
    FLAC muldrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    South-Central PA
    Posts
    1,241
    Quote Originally Posted by bgoodman
    I'm still suprised that this thread is civil.
    PLEASE!, lets keep it civil. I think we're having a great discussion here

    If we get rude and nasty, a moderator will just close the thread.
    AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods
    "A great smoking alternative"

  5. #75
    FLAC muldrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    South-Central PA
    Posts
    1,241
    Quote Originally Posted by eatyummypuppies
    You know, I often wonder how the true christian™ could assume any task in life other than the relentless worship of his delusions. If earthen life is nothing but a precursor to eternity in heaven, shouldn't he dedicate fully this ephemeral existence for the sake of the aforementioned? From this alone we can surmise that in the deepest recesses of their minds, christians hold no firm belief in god; in its place they possess a blazing, indomitable yearning for validation.

    Crazy christians. I can't get enough of you. It affords me limitless amusement, how you present paradoxical books of magic, written, rewritten, reinterpreted and retranslated over millennia by primitive men of whose existence and identity no one is certain, while perfectly logical, unadorned explanations for every phenomenon that you attribute to ghosts and anthropomorphic snakes are available, literally, at your finger tips. And you even manage to correctly spell some words! Not like monkeys at all!
    We are in the "relentless worship of his delusions", as you put it. However, we live in this world and we must also deal with that. God helps us with that.

    Quote Originally Posted by eatyummypuppies
    If earthen life is nothing but a precursor to eternity in heaven, shouldn't he dedicate fully this ephemeral existence for the sake of the aforementioned?
    We do, while dealing with earthly problems, God helps us with that.You say: "From this alone we can surmise that in the deepest recesses of their minds, christians hold no firm belief in god; in its place they possess a blazing, indomitable yearning for validation."
    I don't see how you can "surmise" this. That is nonsense.

    People believe in evolution, yes?
    People believe this is scientific proof, yes?
    Nothing is farther from the truth, talking about filling our heads with nonsense!
    Now they've finally realized this and removing this from our schools.
    There is absolutely nothing scientific about evolution.
    It is more of a "relentless worship of his delusions", than the Bible.
    AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods
    "A great smoking alternative"

  6. #76
    cheap custom title JC-S60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Ghent - Belgium
    Posts
    1,863
    Hey Gambit, I'm really happy you handle it this way. It seems you've really got your life on track. Also, to me this is a sparkle of hope for mankind Seems there are still SOME people left that don't turn everything into hate, just because they don't understand.

    Also valid for this thread

  7. #77
    Banned eatyummypuppies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    li, ny
    Posts
    439
    Curiosity, the works of so many authors detail profound insights into the religious mind that ring not of only truth but, even of familiarity (one of my favorite being that upon scrutiny the notion of "selflessness" vanishes in a puff of smoke). But, I'm not going to mull through these materials in a hijacked thread in the mp3car forum. So, yes, among many, many other things.

    Bgoodman, I'm beginning to think you've never read any book on the subject other than the bible. In fact, I'm certain; to identify christianity from any perspective other than itself is to refute it. And still you quote your fey sources, like a child proudly presenting his spaceship of cardboard and blankets, but with one difference: a child can tell it doesn't really fly.

    muldrick, tell the flu that.

  8. #78
    FLAC muldrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    South-Central PA
    Posts
    1,241
    Furthermore...most our top scientists are not atheists, but believe in a higher power or creator!
    AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods
    "A great smoking alternative"

  9. #79
    What can I say? I like serial. Curiosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Florence Yall, BFKY
    Posts
    2,684
    Quote Originally Posted by eatyummypuppies
    Curiosity, the works of so many authors detail profound insights into the religious mind that ring not of only truth but, even of familiarity (one of my favorite being that upon scrutiny the notion of "selflessness" vanishes in a puff of smoke). But, I'm not going to mull through these materials in a hijacked thread in the mp3car forum. So, yes, among many, many other things.
    I understand completely, and I believe you came to an intelligent conclusion based on the facts that were presented to you, and therefore you MUST believe it. It must be true. How else are we supposed to learn something new? Cognitive consonance/dissonance rules us. Familiarity - when something new agrees with what we already know to be true, then it must be true as well - it becomes true, and often times it's something that can't easily be proven or dis-proven. But muldric is right, it's really not fact. Nobody knows for sure where we came from.

    Edit: The reason I asked in that way was that there had to be strong enough dissonance or opposing beliefs to start a conflict like this.

  10. #80
    FLAC muldrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    South-Central PA
    Posts
    1,241
    Right, evolution is far from fact. Actually, much of it has proven FALSE
    It is called the "theory of evolution", many people seem to forget that keyword, "theory"
    AtmosUSA.biz, E-Cig Mods
    "A great smoking alternative"

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •