Motorcycle - need help with estimating value
So I haven't been riding lately, and don't feel like riding this summer, so I've been thinking about selling my bike, and am trying to figure out it's value. I hope some of the knowledgable motorcycle folks can help me out with this.
I've seen the same bike as mine on eBay with 16k+ miles on it for ~$4k.
- Yellow 1999 Honda CBR 600 F4 w/ a little over 6000 miles on it.
- I paid $6500 for it a year ago w/ 3000 miles on it.
- probably needs a new battery.
- probably should get a tune-up; at the least an oil change.
- has a K&N air filter installed.
- has frame sliders installed.
I was dumb enough to let a friend of mine take it for a slow spin around the corner, and he dropped it when it stalled on him, because he was going too slow for whatever gear he was in. Therefore:
- there is a scuff on the stator cover(?) - A new cover goes for ~$50 on eBay.
- there is little crack in the fairing below the cover and is not visible unless you get on your knees. It is purely cosmetic.
- the left frame slider is scuffed (same side as the stator cover).
I think that pretty much sums it up. Otherwise the bike is in excellent condition, and just needs to be washed/waxed.
What would I want to ask for it if I sell it locally? If I sold it on eBay, would I need/want to modify that asking price? If pictures would be helpful, I can take some.
It's NOT currently for sale, and I'm NOT trying to peddle it here, I'm just trying to get some insight into its value in case I decide to sell it. I hope that's OK.