Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 183

Thread: London tube and bus explosions!

  1. #101
    Maximum Bitrate MoFo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    481
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafster
    My deepest sympathy goes out to all Uk-ers who were affected by this horrible slaughter of innocent life.

    I know a little bit about the horrors of terrorism. I went to Israel a couple of years ago when there were 2-3 busses, nightclubs, restaurants, etc.. being blown up a day.

    I hope you all know that America is there behind you, supporting your efforts, like you guys were/are supporting us since the horrible tragedy of 9/11.

    @ cash4money - **** you!

    BTW, I don't think that the terrorist will get 72 18y/o virgins. It's more like 18 72y/o virgins.

    Peace (and I mean it),

    Rafster

    I've heard several people talking about the 72 virgins stuff. Is that really what the terrorist are killing for? I always thought it was because they disagree with other country's foreign policies and this is how they wrongfully get back at them.

  2. #102
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFo
    I've heard several people talking about the 72 virgins stuff. Is that really what the terrorist are killing for? I always thought it was because they disagree with other country's foreign policies and this is how they wrongfully get back at them.
    Well, the virgins are just the cherry on top of the cake

  3. #103
    The Lavender Tie Just
    Made It Obvious
    Rafster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    3,084
    Quote Originally Posted by 0l33l
    Well, the virgins are just the cherry on top of the cake
    Now that's just dirty, boris.

  4. #104
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafster
    Now that's just dirty, boris.
    I know... that's why I posted it

  5. #105
    Calm
    Down
    Or
    Get
    A
    2
    Week
    Vacation
    -Love
    The
    Forum
    Policeman
    Wiredwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3,605
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFo
    I've heard several people talking about the 72 virgins stuff. Is that really what the terrorist are killing for? I always thought it was because they disagree with other country's foreign policies and this is how they wrongfully get back at them.
    While they may not be killing to receive the 72 virgins, they believe that if they die a martyr, in the name of Allah, (whether or not by suicide, or thru the hands of someone else, or even at the time they die of natural causes) they will go to heaven, and there be treated to 72 virgins.

    Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

  6. #106
    FLAC Spaghetti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Spagcave, in da UK Today's phrase: J'aime Alizee
    Posts
    1,716
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFo
    I've heard several people talking about the 72 virgins stuff. Is that really what the terrorist are killing for? I always thought it was because they disagree with other country's foreign policies and this is how they wrongfully get back at them.
    It is.
    And the virgin stuff only applies to suicide bombers. I think
    In da club....

    ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    Bunny's first poo
    __ U

  7. #107
    Maximum Bitrate MoFo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    481
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiredwrx
    While they may not be killing to receive the 72 virgins, they believe that if they die a martyr, in the name of Allah, (whether or not by suicide, or thru the hands of someone else, or even at the time they die of natural causes) they will go to heaven, and there be treated to 72 virgins.

    Michael
    I dont know..something about this doesnt seem right. Supposedly, in every religion, when you go to heaven you get whatever you want. whether its gardens, virgins, fruit, or whatever else people think they might want. Thats universally true for almost all religions.
    What i'm getting at is...say for example a good American soldier dies on the battlefield in order to do what is right and earn his way to heaven..why is it that no one says "He did it for the gardens in heaven" or "he did it for the virgins in heaven" ?

    PS - On another note heres a thought, how do we really know what we would want in heaven? everything we want now is based on our human desires and perceptions. It is our souls that would see heaven and why would our souls have the same desires that our "human" self desires.

    PPS- I do believe in heaven and hell, i'm just trying to understand the concept a little better

  8. #108
    Maximum Bitrate
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    640
    Quote Originally Posted by 0l33l
    I was talking about the TV media.
    Good good, wouldn't want you to be spreading misinformation, cause terrorist might win then.
    I have found you an argument; I am not obliged to find you an understanding.

  9. #109
    Maximum Bitrate Snootch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    520
    Okay, I guess i'll throw my two cents in.. (If anyone cares to hear it) first off...
    Cash4M0ney- Dude, that was pretty cold.. If someone had said anything equally ****ty to you after 9/11, I bet you'd probably freak out on them. You are a bona-fide, soul-less, donkey-raping ****-eater. you ***...

    Second, about this media ****.. Please everyone.. believe me on this one, i don't care where you get your news from, it's tainted or corrupt in one form or another. You are never getting the straight story, someone's always got to put their "twist" on the information during its transfer between the reporter to the people. I don't care who it is.. CNN, BBC, Fox News, Al Jazeera, etc.
    Let me tell you something. I spent 9 months in Baghdad starting during May/ June in 2003. It was no picnic. The **** I was seeing on the news networks was something different than what was occuring outside in the streets. I am all for freedom of the press, but damn.
    I met many good Arabs while I was there. Saw a few twisted ones as well. The coalition forces there, no matter what country they come from, are genuinely trying to do good, both for Iraq, and her people. The reason that you don't see much of this in the news, only "x number of soldiers/police got killed today by a bomb" is simply because the good deeds being done aren't sensational enough. They don't sell papers or airtime like the violence does.
    WORKLOG

    Asus P5N73-AN Mobo/Celeron E1400 2Ghz Dual Core CPU/2Gb GEIL PC3200/120GB HDD/DSATX PS/8" Phylon TS
    Webpage

  10. #110
    My Village Called 0l33l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    10,516
    Quote Originally Posted by rushnrockt
    Good good, wouldn't want you to be spreading misinformation, cause terrorist might win then.
    Yeh, exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snootch
    Second, about this media ****.. Please everyone.. believe me on this one, i don't care where you get your news from, it's tainted or corrupt in one form or another. You are never getting the straight story, someone's always got to put their "twist" on the information during its transfer between the reporter to the people. I don't care who it is.. CNN, BBC, Fox News, Al Jazeera, etc.
    Let me tell you something. I spent 9 months in Baghdad starting during May/ June in 2003. It was no picnic. The **** I was seeing on the news networks was something different than what was occuring outside in the streets. I am all for freedom of the press, but damn.
    I met many good Arabs while I was there. Saw a few twisted ones as well. The coalition forces there, no matter what country they come from, are genuinely trying to do good, both for Iraq, and her people. The reason that you don't see much of this in the news, only "x number of soldiers/police got killed today by a bomb" is simply because the good deeds being done aren't sensational enough. They don't sell papers or airtime like the violence does.
    100% agreed... the news media isn't interested in the progress we're making in Iraq... only how many people get killed/wounded
    I bet you'll still find people *cough*liberals*cough* who think that the people of Iraq would have prefered Sadam's regime over the coalition staying there.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •