Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 49

Thread: So...America IS hated?

  1. #31
    FLAC Spaghetti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Spagcave, in da UK Today's phrase: J'aime Alizee
    Posts
    1,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiredwrx
    You could, if you spelled it correctly.
    Hey! Seth's Greek man - he doens't even write in Latin script

    And it's spelt "SPELT"!!
    In da club....

    ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    Bunny's first poo
    __ U

  2. #32
    Calm
    Down
    Or
    Get
    A
    2
    Week
    Vacation
    -Love
    The
    Forum
    Policeman
    Wiredwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3,605
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaghetti
    Hey! Seth's Greek man - he doens't even write in Latin script

    And it's spelt "SPELT"!!
    Actually, it is both. Next time check before you make an ID10T out of yourself with two exclamation points.

    http://www.answers.com/spell&r=67

    Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

  3. #33
    FLAC Spaghetti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Spagcave, in da UK Today's phrase: J'aime Alizee
    Posts
    1,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiredwrx
    Actually, it is both. Next time check before you make an ID10T out of yourself with two exclamation points.

    http://www.answers.com/spell&r=67

    Michael
    Well that's actually the American spelling and my use of two exclamation points was to imply that I was making statement in jest and to bring down the tension in an otherwise heated debate. Whereas with you, it seems a Greek person spelling 'Guandanamo' is reason to **** him on from a great height.

    I'm sorry you have to resort to name-calling - the fact that you had to resort to picking out spelling errors in the first place during a discussion shows how small-minded you are. I actually thought you were genuine in your arguments, but you really can go take your flag-waving patriotic bull**** rhetoric and stick it up your ***.

    Idiot.
    In da club....

    ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    Bunny's first poo
    __ U

  4. #34
    Calm
    Down
    Or
    Get
    A
    2
    Week
    Vacation
    -Love
    The
    Forum
    Policeman
    Wiredwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3,605
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaghetti
    Well that's actually the American spelling and my use of two exclamation points was to imply that I was making statement in jest and to bring down the tension in an otherwise heated debate. Whereas with you, it seems a Greek person spelling 'Guandanamo' is reason to **** him on from a great height.

    I'm sorry you have to resort to name-calling - the fact that you had to resort to picking out spelling errors in the first place during a discussion shows how small-minded you are. I actually thought you were genuine in your arguments, but you really can go take your flag-waving patriotic bull**** rhetoric and stick it up your ***.

    Idiot.
    Actually, if you intended jest, then you should have used a smiley or something to that effect. I apologize for taking the statement seriously if in fact you didn't mean it as a personal attack. Here in the States an excalmation point is an emphasis, not a sign of joking.

    I am genuine in my arguments. Perhaps I should not have questioned his spelling. That was a statement that was made out of anger and frustration from the obvious Personal attacks from Seth, while up until then all of my statements were "neutral".

    I also did no such thing as **** on him. While I admit that I probably should not have questioned his spelling, other then that statement, I did not "personally attack, berate, denegrate" or in any form "**** on him", from low or high. I did not attack him personally, or result to name calling.

    I provided my source, answered some questions/statements he made and made some additional points.

    I will apologize for taking your statements in a manner that it was not intended by you, and apologize for my statments as they were uncalled for, expecially in light of the fact that your statement was not meant as a personal attack.

    As for my patriotism. Well, for that I do not believe I will, or should apologize.

    Differences, inteligent conversation, and discourse is part of a free society. I respectfully differ in many ways with your "beliefs", but you are entitled to them.

    Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

  5. #35
    FLAC Spaghetti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Spagcave, in da UK Today's phrase: J'aime Alizee
    Posts
    1,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiredwrx
    Actually, if you intended jest, then you should have used a smiley or something to that effect. I apologize for taking the statement seriously if in fact you didn't mean it as a personal attack. Here in the States an excalmation point is an emphasis, not a sign of joking.

    I am genuine in my arguments. Perhaps I should not have questioned his spelling. That was a statement that was made out of anger and frustration from the obvious Personal attacks from Seth, while up until then all of my statements were "neutral".

    I also did no such thing as **** on him. While I admit that I probably should not have questioned his spelling, other then that statement, I did not "personally attack, berate, denegrate" or in any form "**** on him", from low or high. I did not attack him personally, or result to name calling.

    I provided my source, answered some questions/statements he made and made some additional points.

    I will apologize for taking your statements in a manner that it was not intended by you, and apologize for my statments as they were uncalled for, expecially in light of the fact that your statement was not meant as a personal attack.

    As for my patriotism. Well, for that I do not believe I will, or should apologize.

    Differences, inteligent conversation, and discourse is part of a free society. I respectfully differ in many ways with your "beliefs", but you are entitled to them.

    Michael
    Ok, I apologise too (and for calling you an idiot)
    As for being patriotic, well yes you should be. I think you both have valid points - people will always be proud of where they're from. Although I do ask that you respect my dislike for your gun laws - gun crime in places like London and Manchester are spiralling out of control
    I'll just leave it to you and Seth now then....
    In da club....

    ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    Bunny's first poo
    __ U

  6. #36
    Nic
    Nic is offline
    FLAC Nic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Monkey
    bwhahaha are there any other laws that the US will put you in jail for breaking while in another country if it is legal there?

    eg smoking pot in amsterdam, then you go home and get locked up?
    yes, i'm pretty if you are an american student studying abroad you may not drink till 21, even though legal drinking age here is 18
    Signature: [==||========] 20% complete

  7. #37
    Maximum Bitrate Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Athens Greece
    Posts
    836
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiredwrx
    Let me start first by asking how old you are? I ask because it is quite obvious from your excited statements that you can't have an inteligent conversation with out attempting to somehow demean the other individual. I have not resorted to name calling, degrading statements, and plain childish behaviour.
    I'm 28.
    Do you feel you were personally attacked? Hmmm...it just looks like your ideal UScentric world was just hurt and you're firing at any direction.
    Nobody attacked you but if you really REALLY think that something I said was more insulting, arrogant and selfish than your statements then I trully apologise.




    Quote Originally Posted by Wiredwrx
    Well, here is the link where I read your Constitution.

    http://www.oefre.unibe.ch/law/icl/gr00000_.html

    Silly me, perhaps I used a different version of your Constitution. Is there more then one? It seems there is. How the hell am I supposed to figure out that you guys change your constitution almost yearly.

    Article 7 [Nullum Crimen Sine Lege]
    (3) General confiscation is prohibited. The death penalty shall not be imposed for political crimes save for compound ones.

    Yes, the death penalty in America is routine, but only for the most serious of offenses. Murder in particular, save for some Serious crimes in limited situations in very few states. The one that sticks in my mind is the Rape of Children can be punished with death. My point was that a "Political" crime is not punishable by death in this country. I made no reference to other crimes. It shows our Political Freedom.
    Allright now what you're reading was the constitution from 1975. That's the first one after the 1967-1974 dictatorship. Let's see what the current constitution says (taken from the official link I gave you above from the Greek parliament):

    Article 7
    1. There shall be no crime, nor shall punishment
    be inflicted unless specified by law in
    force prior to the perpetration of the act, defining
    the constitutive elements of the act. In no
    case shall punishment more severe than that
    specified at the time of the perpetration of the
    act be inflicted.
    2. Torture, any bodily maltreatment, impairment
    of health or the use of psychological violence,
    as well as any other offence against human
    dignity are prohibited and punished as provided
    by law.
    ** 3. The general confiscation of property is
    prohibited. The death penalty shall not be
    imposed, except in the cases provided by law
    for felonies perpetrated in time of war and
    related thereto.
    4. The conditions under which the State, following
    a judicial decision, shall indemnify persons
    unjustly or illegally convicted, detained
    pending trial, or otherwise deprived of their
    personal liberty shall be provided by law.


    As I told you before the only mention was for criminals of war.
    The constitution is revised every 4 years to stay current.
    Now my dear friend when you decide to enter a debate you are OBLIGED to do your reasearch, read, compare and do everything else neccessary to express valid opinions. I don't care if that will take you a lot of you bedtime with "freedom" but it must be done or else you're posting crap and litter the forum with junk.
    I expect an apology.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wiredwrx
    No, that is not what I said. But if you are walking down the street minding your own business, they can't search you. That is guaranteed by the 4th Amendment. Also, an officer can't stop you and search you for mere suspician. He must have reasonable suspician to initially stopyou, but he can not search with out Probable Cause, which is significantly more then mere suspicion. In any event, the Greek Constitution grants nothing close to any protection against being stopped and searched. Is the 4th Amendment absolute. Nope. Will it protect you against ALL searches. Nope. But it does protect against some searches, and that is more then the Greek Constitution.

    Funny how you didn't mention any of the other rights I mentioned. You know, Bail, Jury, Self incrimination, Representation by an attorney. Shall we assume that Greece has no such rights, and us Americans have more rights, and thefore protection and freedom.
    Ok now let's see...
    I assume you're aware that the constitution (at least here) is a set of foundamental principles that govern the Nations political/social life.
    Of cource there are seperate laws which take care individual problems with more precision.
    Tell me really can a Nation's laws extend to only 154 pages?
    So yes there are laws that prohibit search on the streets and other stuff like that.
    Again peacefully I ask you to read articles 5 and 6.
    When you're done come again to play



    Quote Originally Posted by Wiredwrx
    You could, if you spelled it correctly. And, article 6 of what? Your Constitution protects Greek citizens, our Constitution protects American citizens. Wether Guantanimo bay is a violation of International law is a debate we can get into sometime, but was not the focus of my statements. I was merely comparing our respective constitutional rights and freedoms. Guantanimo does not restrict my personal freedoms in any way, shape, or form.
    Hehe...well yes I can't spell correctly. I apologise.
    Try to write a sentence in Greek and let's see how many errors you'll make
    Oh oh isn't that a personal attack now?.....Nahhhh.....only Seth makes such remarks.
    Regarding Guantanimo or Guandanamo or whetever it is called you're right it's a topic of an entirelly different conversation. Regardless let's pretend it does not affect you in any way. Does Echelon or Carnivore affect your precious "freedoms"?


    Quote Originally Posted by Wiredwrx
    I never made any assumption, and tried to convince you of anything other then that Americans have more freedom. I never stated it was better, or worse, or the way to have a "peacefull" (I never once mentioned peacfull ANYWHERE. Now who is making up things) to have arms. I simply pointed out that the right to bear arms is a freedom that Greece does not have and Americans do. And since you are so concerned with the merauding Turks, perhaps the freedom to bear arms would make you feel better.
    More arms to battle arms....I prefer to build theaters and watch ancient drama instead. Thank you.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wiredwrx
    More or less? You mean, I am right. You must serve in the military. I never said it was good or bad, just pointing out that you lack the freedom to decide wether to join the military or not.
    Yes I said more or less because you wrote half of the truth:

    ** Interpretative clause:
    The provision of paragraph 6 does not preclude
    that the law provides for the mandatory
    performance of other services, within or outside
    the armed forces (alternative service), by those
    having a substantiated conscientious objection to
    performing armed service or, generally, military
    duties.

    You see you can avoid serving in the military if you like.

    Again research more mate....

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiredwrx
    I apologize. I failed to realize, thinking that Constitutions are like the US constitution and never really change, that the Greek Constitution has been changed time and time again. It seems as if the Greek Constitution has been changed and modified many times over. I wonder when it will be changed in such a way as to remove all your freedoms, cause the only true protection the Greek Constitution guarantees is that the form of government of Greece can't/won't change.(http://www.parliament.gr/english/politeuma/default.asp) At least in the US the chance of the Constitution changing like that is much slimmer.



    Wow, you sound like the Father from my Big Fat Greek Wedding. I know, the Greeks invented everything. That is fine. I am not debating that, cause I think it is irrelevent. But the US Constitution is the oldest Constitution still in existance. Does that mean it is better. No. I was just pointing it out.

    Sparta. Early 7th Century, BC (http://www.elysiumgates.com/~helena/Revolution.html) Will you know STFU?
    I fail to see why you keep repeating that the constitution has changed many times. Yes it did because of political circumstances and to stay current. So what? What is your point exactly?

    I see you'd REALLY like me to stfu (wonder why?)...ok I'll do it.



    Quote Originally Posted by Wiredwrx
    Please point out were I made a statement that "THE US IS THE ONLY FREE COUNTRY IN THE WORLD" I never said such a thing and never would. Your delusional statement indicates that you are not reading what I have written, but instead would like to interperate my words in a manner which upsets you. I have said no such thing, and implied no such thing. I did say that we are the MOST free. Not the ONLY free.



    Then why don't people in foregin Countries buy large vehicles, with bug honking engines, and eat fast food like us americans. I know it isn't freedom. Is it money. Is it gas. What is it. You gotta asmit, per capita, there are a lot more Hummers and Expeditions etc in the US then there are in any other Foreign Country.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiredwrx
    The rest of the world in general don't like us because, as Americans, we have freedom. Freedom to do what we want, when we want. As long as we are willing to pay, we drive big trucks, and eat fattening food, and help the world monetarily, and with military aide. Few, if any, other countries can say that. It's no different then the envy many people feel towards the super rich, who can do what they want, when they want, have whatever they want, while others can not.
    So you're telling me this was a "neutral" statement and/or not provoking?
    Anyway mate it is always a pleasure to meet new people. It is also a pleasure to listen to ideas and opinions and evaluate them. I suggest the same to you.

    Cheers and good luck paying up your loans to buy more "freedom"...


  8. #38
    Nic
    Nic is offline
    FLAC Nic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,047
    lol @ america being the most free country in the world

    this sums up my feelings towards america:
    http://www.vanwensveen.nl/index.html

    *note: no offence to the americans because individually i have nothing against you, in fact there are a lot of americans i like, its just i dislike the society as a whole*
    Signature: [==||========] 20% complete

  9. #39
    Rub One Out Motoko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Hertfordshire, England, Earth, Solar System
    Posts
    919
    and that's the end of this chapter
    CarPC status: iPod, 3,456,217 songs so **** you

  10. #40
    FLAC sdashiki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Floreeda
    Posts
    1,085
    Is America free-er than anywhere else?

    Personal freedom is what you make of it. *****ing back and forth about constitutions that are merely just pieces of paper, doesnt make what is written on them any more real than what you buy when you purchase "insurance".

    What I mean is that the Constitution of a country isnt the final word on law or rights or freedoms. Its the people in the country who make that. Blacks were "free" for a century but werent "free" like white people until the 1960s...

    Roe v Wade makes abortion legal in the country, but abortion isnt in the Constitution, just a simple foundation for the future people of the country to base their own laws and freedoms on.

    You can live in the richest most prosperous country in the world, and it could still be populated by bigot racists. There goes your freedom, if your not white.

    "You gotta look at me and you gotta say, hey buddy, why are you so mad and I'll tell ya, cuz for all the following that went over to the English bands from the SLC. Those ****in English chaps can only say **** about us Americans, all we were to them was a bunch of hicks. Well you know what, I'm not a ****in' hick. I don't wear cowboy boots, I hate the ****in rodeo, horses smell like **** to me, and I never **** anyone in my own bloodline. By definition I am not a redneck and goddammit I ain't no ****in' hick.
    (All done)
    iPad Mini 128GB, RF 600.5 amp, JL12W0V2, 8 Infinity Components

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-24-2006, 09:42 PM
  2. BR 304 in America
    By Lando in forum GPS
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-07-2005, 05:52 PM
  3. XM Satellite like Radio for UK, Europe, Africa, Asia, South America, and More!
    By lerandell in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-09-2004, 06:12 AM
  4. You just thought your neighbors hated your stereo
    By bgoodman in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-16-2002, 02:06 PM
  5. America: The Good Neighbor
    By Maveric in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-14-2001, 03:33 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •