Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 35 of 35

Thread: help with printer

  1. #31
    Banned rev2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by blurp
    I recently had trouble with an Epson printer that sat for a few months without being used. I called Epson. It was out of warranty. I shipped it to them, and they fixed it for free and sent it back. The other option they gave me was $XX off a new printer.
    How'd you get them to accept the printer back when it was out of warranty?

  2. #32
    Variable Bitrate blurp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Hampshire, TN
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by rev2
    How'd you get them to accept the printer back when it was out of warranty?
    They offered to either fix it for free (I had to pay shipping one way), or to give me a discount on the new model with comparable features. I didn't do anything special, except set through their 15 minute "Try this" session. I actually followed everything they told me to do, and when they were satisfied that it was screwed, they gave me the two options.

    I wouldn't tell them about the air, if I were you.
    www.bradleyjacobs.com

    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. -- Frank Zappa

  3. #33
    Banned rev2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by blurp
    They offered to either fix it for free (I had to pay shipping one way), or to give me a discount on the new model with comparable features. I didn't do anything special, except set through their 15 minute "Try this" session. I actually followed everything they told me to do, and when they were satisfied that it was screwed, they gave me the two options.

    I wouldn't tell them about the air, if I were you.
    I called them. They asked me for the serial #. I told it to them. The guy on the line: "This printer is out of warranty. Do you want to continue for $10?"

  4. #34
    Variable Bitrate blurp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Hampshire, TN
    Posts
    349
    That sux, man. They were really cool to me. I guess they just don't like you. Or maybe they read this thread.
    www.bradleyjacobs.com

    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. -- Frank Zappa

  5. #35
    The Lavender Tie Just
    Made It Obvious
    Rafster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    3,084
    Quote Originally Posted by blurp
    That sux, man. They were really cool to me. I guess they just don't like you. Or maybe they read this thread.
    It's cuz of where he's from....

    Peace,

    Rafster

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Similar Threads

  1. can RR access the printer port as an input source
    By p1cass0 in forum Road Runner
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-04-2005, 01:14 AM
  2. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-07-2005, 08:36 PM
  3. Who has a printer in their car?
    By TimStark in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 05-16-2005, 04:01 PM
  4. WTB db25 connecter or printer cable
    By toadster123 in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-23-2004, 05:47 PM
  5. FS: Minolta/QMS Magicolor 2+ laser printer
    By Maxis24 in forum Classified Archive
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-21-2003, 11:39 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •