Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 172

Thread: Sigh is America really hated because of me?

  1. #141
    Calm
    Down
    Or
    Get
    A
    2
    Week
    Vacation
    -Love
    The
    Forum
    Policeman
    Wiredwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3,605
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris31
    Yes I gathered you are a very proud american regardless of what they do. Hey, theres nothing wrong with that.
    I don't blindly follow no matter how proud I am, everything gets evaluated based on my knowledge and the available facts. If someone showed me conclusive proof that Bush invaded Iraq just because he wanted to get him and his friends rich, I might change my views. Until then, it is just a bunch of people who THINK they know why something was done. How that is possible, with out proof, I don't know, but so many poeple seem to think that they have figured it out when they can't show me one piece of evidence that is the case.

    Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

  2. #142
    Calm
    Down
    Or
    Get
    A
    2
    Week
    Vacation
    -Love
    The
    Forum
    Policeman
    Wiredwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3,605
    Quote Originally Posted by P3rv3rt B3ar
    Even that inmates lack any kind of status, even POW status which is part of international agreements US is committed to?
    Those that are deemed to be POWs are given a hearing before a tribunal consistant with the Geneva convention. Those that are deemed to be Enemy Combatants are not, since they are not covered under the Geneva convention.

    Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

  3. #143
    Maximum Bitrate P3rv3rt B3ar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Funland
    Posts
    577
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiredwrx
    Those that are deemed to be Enemy Combatants are not

    Michael
    How can u classify person combatant if (s)he is locked into cell without weapon?

    seems pretty much incombatant to me.

    U r on verry thin waters now, and u know it uself... but go on just humiliate your self as much as u want.

  4. #144
    Calm
    Down
    Or
    Get
    A
    2
    Week
    Vacation
    -Love
    The
    Forum
    Policeman
    Wiredwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3,605
    Quote Originally Posted by P3rv3rt B3ar
    How can u classify person combatant if (s)he is locked into cell without weapon?

    seems pretty much incombatant to me.

    U r on verry thin waters now, and u know it uself... but go on just humiliate your self as much as u want.
    Your are joking, right. So once the criminal is caught, he is no longer a criminal? His current status is based on his previous acts, and set when he is captured/arrested/detained etc...

    Once you become familiar with the GC let me know.

    Article 4 enumerates who is a POW, giving specific requriements of the detainee, such as be identified with a distinctive mark and complying with the laws of war (that is off the top of my head with out looking at the article) Since these Enemy combatants do not fall with in the catagories of Article 4, they are not entitled to Article 5 protection. Since the American government (and I) do not believe that there is a question about whether they are POWs or not (that is required under Article 5 to be required to bring them before a competent tribunal for determination) they are not protected.

    Since they are not POWs under article 4 and there is no question about thier status under Article 5, they are not entitled to Section II protection.

    Read up on the GC and let me know what you disagree with.

    Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

  5. #145
    Maximum Bitrate P3rv3rt B3ar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Funland
    Posts
    577
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiredwrx
    Since the American government (and I) do not believe that there is a question about whether they are POWs or not (that is required under Article 5 to be required to bring them before a competent tribunal for determination) they are not protected.

    Michael
    So American goverment and U are the competent tribunal meant by article 5.

    I have no further question. I rest my case. Let the Jury Decide.

  6. #146
    Calm
    Down
    Or
    Get
    A
    2
    Week
    Vacation
    -Love
    The
    Forum
    Policeman
    Wiredwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3,605
    Quote Originally Posted by P3rv3rt B3ar
    So American goverment and U are the competent tribunal meant by article 5.

    I have no further question. I rest my case. Let the Jury Decide.
    Here is your problem. Article 5 requires there to be a Question as to the combatants status BEFORE the tribunal. Since the article doesn't state WHO has to have the question about the status, it is the "captor" that decides. Since WE are the captors, we get to decide. Since we decided NOT POW, no Tribunal is required. You seem to have mixed up the order. The article 5 tribunal is only required if there is a question. Even better, please tell me, under which article 4 catagory the combatant you refer to belongs and why, or why you think there might be some sort of question about the captured persons status.

    Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

  7. #147
    Maximum Bitrate P3rv3rt B3ar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Funland
    Posts
    577
    No i dont have any intension to continue... i made my point already... i hope u have atleast some idea how inhumane u sound... people who read this make their own mind. But as far as im concerned u have gone as low as u can go. Really that post is ideal asnwer to the title of this thread.

    I just think u could look up PR position in al-jazeera (sp?).

  8. #148
    Calm
    Down
    Or
    Get
    A
    2
    Week
    Vacation
    -Love
    The
    Forum
    Policeman
    Wiredwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3,605
    Quote Originally Posted by P3rv3rt B3ar
    No i dont have any intension to continue... i made my point already... i hope u have atleast some idea how inhumane u sound... people who read this make their own mind. But as far as im concerned u have gone as low as u can go. Really that post is ideal asnwer to the title of this thread.

    I just think u could look up PR position in al-jazeera (sp?).
    You have proved nothing when it comes to this because you utter inability to understand the GC leaves you ignorant of the subject. Certainly, if you do not want to continue that is your right. You are also allowed to think you have proven anything you want. Heck, you can think you proved that there are Martians in the US if you want, but you have proved nothing.

    Just because you don't like something, doesn't make it right or wrong, just as what I think doesn't make it right or wrong. But, since I can back up my arguments with things like the GC, and you CAN NOT, well then, I guess I WIN.

    Take care, perhaps one day you will have read the GC and we can actually talk about it, instead of you leaving the conversation with your tail between your legs because you don't like the fact that you are wrong.

    Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

  9. #149
    Super Moderator xBrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,687
    Quote Originally Posted by P3rv3rt B3ar
    i made my point already...
    Uh... What was your point again? I only read the last few pages here.
    AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
    Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
    Installed.


    -GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
    -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

  10. #150
    Maximum Bitrate P3rv3rt B3ar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Funland
    Posts
    577
    Quote Originally Posted by xBrady
    Uh... What was your point again? I only read the last few pages here.
    Well he was being proud about Quantanamo (sp?), so i wanted to show theres not much point of being proud about it. Obviously i didnt change his view about it, but hopefully show to casual passerby, like u self, how futile defending that opinion is.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-24-2006, 10:42 PM
  2. So...America IS hated?
    By sdashiki in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 09-09-2005, 11:21 AM
  3. XM Satellite like Radio for UK, Europe, Africa, Asia, South America, and More!
    By lerandell in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-09-2004, 07:12 AM
  4. You just thought your neighbors hated your stereo
    By bgoodman in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-16-2002, 03:06 PM
  5. America: The Good Neighbor
    By Maveric in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-14-2001, 04:33 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •