Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 166

Thread: *****ing Cop A$$holes

  1. #11
    Calm
    Down
    Or
    Get
    A
    2
    Week
    Vacation
    -Love
    The
    Forum
    Policeman
    Wiredwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3,605
    [QUOTE=edrex;956267] I would specifically be concerned with the dogs actions because if he did not indicate in any way that something was out of the ordinary and they searched then that would be illegal. And, if the dog indicated that something was there and it wasn't then that dog shouldn't be out on the roads searching cars.

    Well, the dog could alert for various reasons, like the smel of MJ, even though, AT THAT MOMENT, there is no drugs in the car. The smell can linger. Certainly, just because he alerted when there is nothing found, doesn't mean that the dog didn't smell anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by edrex View Post
    Everybody always thinks that any time they get pulled over its because the cops are being dicks. Nobody ever remembers that they were breaking the law in the first place and the cop is doing his job. Not to say that some cases are indeed harrassment, but it seems like anyone who gets a ticket thinks they were harrassed!
    Anyway, good luck with whatever you decide to do with this. Personally, I would just be thankful that I only got a warning and get on with my life. Keep in mind a fix-it ticket would have resulted in you having to remove your new tint. Pretty nice of him not to write one of those, eh?
    Totally agree.

    Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

  2. #12
    Constant Bitrate icecore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Estero, FL
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiredwrx View Post
    Well, dogs are trained differently. Some of the alerts are the paw. Some are barking. Some are sitting. Some are running in circles, all different types of alerts. Just because you didn't see it, doesn't mean that the dog didn't alert.
    Mind you, the SC has determined that an alert by a dog IS PC. Therefore, the 4th Amendment Automobile Exception is now invoked. They do not need a warrant, and they can search your car.
    Now, can't I demand the proof of PC then? If they search the car, they need pc, and don't I have the right to actually see the pc? Again (over and over), it is absolutely impossible the dog smelled anything.


    Wish I could do anything, those guys were total dicks and treated me like scum.
    Asus MicroATX with GeFore 6100, Mobile Sempron 3300+, 1Gig Ram, 320GB 3.5" 7200UPM HDD, M2-ATX, Gain/Xenarc 7"

    Fast IS my copilot

  3. #13
    Constant Bitrate icecore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Estero, FL
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by edrex View Post
    Everybody always thinks that any time they get pulled over its because the cops are being dicks. Nobody ever remembers that they were breaking the law in the first place and the cop is doing his job. Not to say that some cases are indeed harrassment, but it seems like anyone who gets a ticket thinks they were harrassed!
    Allright, maybe my tint was illegal and I was tailgating (don't even remember). Give me a ticket or warning and let me go. Takes 5min max, no biggie. I would not be posting here if he had just given me a ticket for what I have done and let me go. Searching my car for something I have not done, that's what I am complaining about.
    Asus MicroATX with GeFore 6100, Mobile Sempron 3300+, 1Gig Ram, 320GB 3.5" 7200UPM HDD, M2-ATX, Gain/Xenarc 7"

    Fast IS my copilot

  4. #14
    Calm
    Down
    Or
    Get
    A
    2
    Week
    Vacation
    -Love
    The
    Forum
    Policeman
    Wiredwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3,605
    Quote Originally Posted by icecore View Post
    Now, can't I demand the proof of PC then? If they search the car, they need pc, and don't I have the right to actually see the pc? Again (over and over), it is absolutely impossible the dog smelled anything.


    Wish I could do anything, those guys were total dicks and treated me like scum.
    Probably not, for various reasons. First, they do not necessarily "record" the dog while he does a search. Second, they will say he alerted. Even if they say, An alert is so and so, and you say, he never did so and so, the cops will say he did do so and so. Then what? And, since there is no "court action" against you based on the search, there is no evidence to prove.

    It is NOT IMPOSSIBLE, because ANYTHING is POSSIBLE. It may not be probable, it may not be likely, it may be very unlikely, but not impossible. Maybe you havea friend who has a fat sack with him in the car. Maybe a buddy smoked and got in the car. Maybe someone got spooked and stuck a bag in your wheel well when a cop came around, and then when the cop left, snatched it out (you do live in the Miami, right? ) Maybe some guy was proped up against your car smoking a bowl, and the smell got on the car. Maybe a buddy dropped a stem in the car somewhere one day. Who the heck knows, while unlikely, those things are POSSIBLE, since anything is possible.

    It doesn't seem like they treated you badly, which mind you, IS NOT ILLEGAL. Only treating you illegallly is illegal. Treating you like a scum bad skell criminal is legal.

    Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

  5. #15
    Calm
    Down
    Or
    Get
    A
    2
    Week
    Vacation
    -Love
    The
    Forum
    Policeman
    Wiredwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3,605
    Quote Originally Posted by icecore View Post
    Searching my car for something I have not done, that's what I am complaining about.
    Why. As long as he is within his rights, and not violating yours, you have nothing to complain about.

    Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

  6. #16
    Variable Bitrate 84RegalRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    427
    well next time dont tailgate and have illegal tint and you might not get pulled over at all.

    So i would be ****ed that i got my car searched, you were breaking the law (with the tint at least) and all you got was a warning and having to do some cleaning.
    Seems like you got off easy.
    Core duo
    1tb harddrive
    256 ddr
    8 lilliput
    bu-353

    still installing...

  7. #17
    Constant Bitrate icecore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Estero, FL
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiredwrx View Post
    Why. As long as he is within his rights, and not violating yours, you have nothing to complain about.

    Michael
    From a non-legal standpoint if have to complain about that a 30 year old guy went through my boxers (with hands that have probably touched a crack whore with multiple stds 30mins ago, AND THE DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and even smelled on them (just wished they had been used ), and I got 30mins late to my girlfriends house FOR NOOOO REASON!!!!!!!!!!!!

    So basically they can pull you over for a bs reason (don't know if I have been tailgating, not sure, talking in generalities), get a K-9, say that the dog smelled something, and search all your stuff????!??!?!?!?!??!!!???
    Asus MicroATX with GeFore 6100, Mobile Sempron 3300+, 1Gig Ram, 320GB 3.5" 7200UPM HDD, M2-ATX, Gain/Xenarc 7"

    Fast IS my copilot

  8. #18
    Constant Bitrate icecore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Estero, FL
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by 84RegalRider View Post
    well next time dont tailgate and have illegal tint and you might not get pulled over at all.

    So i would be ****ed that i got my car searched, you were breaking the law (with the tint at least) and all you got was a warning and having to do some cleaning.
    Seems like you got off easy.
    I told the shop I want the darkest legal, the shop is the biggest car stereo shop in the area, sponsors all kinds of events, has the tint laws on the website, thought they knew what they are doing.
    I have nooo problem at all paying for what I have actually done.

    Maybe I am a sensitive pussy, but the cop (explained in last post) going through my underwear made me feel damn uncomfortable.
    I don't want anyone search my stuff, it is just personal.
    Asus MicroATX with GeFore 6100, Mobile Sempron 3300+, 1Gig Ram, 320GB 3.5" 7200UPM HDD, M2-ATX, Gain/Xenarc 7"

    Fast IS my copilot

  9. #19
    Calm
    Down
    Or
    Get
    A
    2
    Week
    Vacation
    -Love
    The
    Forum
    Policeman
    Wiredwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3,605
    Quote Originally Posted by icecore View Post
    From a non-legal standpoint if have to complain about that a 30 year old guy went through my boxers (with hands that have probably touched a crack whore with multiple stds 30mins ago, AND THE DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and even smelled on them (just wished they had been used ), and I got 30mins late to my girlfriends house FOR NOOOO REASON!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Incorrect. The reason is that the officer has PC. You may not like it. Sure, you can complain about it, but you will find little sympathy here, sorry.

    Quote Originally Posted by icecore View Post
    So basically they can pull you over for a bs reason (don't know if I have been tailgating, not sure, talking in generalities), get a K-9, say that the dog smelled something, and search all your stuff????!??!?!?!?!??!!!???
    Well, let me say this, No, they are not allowed to pull you over with out RS, and search with out PC. The problem is, the cops can SAY they had RS, and that the dog alerted, giving PC, and that in a case where nothing happened, they didn't find anything, you didn't get arrested, or even a ticket, there is NO remedy.

    Like I said, you can complain, but how are you gonna prove you didn't tailgate, and that the dog didn't alert. And yes, there are some prices to pain for overall freedom.

    Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

  10. #20
    Variable Bitrate 84RegalRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    427
    best advice. dont keep your boxers in your car.
    Core duo
    1tb harddrive
    256 ddr
    8 lilliput
    bu-353

    still installing...

Similar Threads

  1. 1997 Ford Crown Victoria Stealth cop car project
    By xdjxklusivex in forum Worklogs
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-14-2006, 09:23 PM
  2. Cop swears off doughnuts!
    By RedGTiVR6 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-31-2006, 07:13 PM
  3. I was in the back of a cop car!! HAHA
    By Cheekz185 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-14-2005, 10:09 PM
  4. GPS + cop tracking possible?
    By mi800 in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-03-2004, 11:38 PM
  5. Cop database
    By snoop in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-24-2004, 02:22 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •