Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Need some HTML Code help

  1. #11
    Calm
    Down
    Or
    Get
    A
    2
    Week
    Vacation
    -Love
    The
    Forum
    Policeman
    Wiredwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3,605
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorcity View Post
    are you trying to set this up to send an email to you when a button is clicked on your site?
    When a link is clicked, I need an e-mail sent to several addresses, with a Subject and a short message with a link to a website.

    Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

  2. #12
    Banned Motorcity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    984
    go to my website and click on "quote"
    that page is set up using code similar to what you want.
    When the fields are filled in and the "submit" button is clicked, the page is emailed to me. The email "subject" can be what ever I want, and can send to multiple emails. As well, a note can be in the mesage.
    I can change my code for you if you want.

  3. #13
    Calm
    Down
    Or
    Get
    A
    2
    Week
    Vacation
    -Love
    The
    Forum
    Policeman
    Wiredwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3,605
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorcity View Post
    go to my website and click on "quote"
    that page is set up using code similar to what you want.
    When the fields are filled in and the "submit" button is clicked, the page is emailed to me. The email "subject" can be what ever I want, and can send to multiple emails. As well, a note can be in the mesage.
    I can change my code for you if you want.
    Thanks.

    I am trying to avoid the form thing.

    My buddies and I have a website for a roject we are working on. Everyone can "log into" the page and make changes.

    I want it to be that once someone makes a change, they save it, and then go to the newly updated website, and just click a link to that the WHOLE TEAM now knows that the site has been updated, because there is now new information on the website for everyone to see.

    Matrix's code almost works perfectly. Just that the e-mail CC field is filled out incorrectly.

    Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

  4. #14
    Banned Motorcity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    984
    you don't have to use a form with the code.

  5. #15
    MySQL Error MatrixPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Beach City, Socal
    Posts
    4,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiredwrx View Post
    The site keeps truncating the code to

    <a href="mailto:[email protected]?subject=Email_T opic&amp;cc=[email protected],theturbo++++++@ms n.com,[email protected],scott.sad+++++@gmail .com&amp;body=">Notify
    the team of an update</a>
    removing the message and subject field.

    Any ideas?

    Michael
    Put it in a code block.
    What you put on the page, and what the site display.

    So I can see exactly what got truncated
    Sometime, if you have a single quote or double quote, that get truncate too. If you must use quotes, use html equivalent instead of " (&quote instead of ")
    2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
    89 Supra Turbo P3 600E@750/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
    Y2K Accord Dell GX150
    RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
    EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

  6. #16
    Calm
    Down
    Or
    Get
    A
    2
    Week
    Vacation
    -Love
    The
    Forum
    Policeman
    Wiredwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3,605
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixPC View Post
    Put it in a code block.
    What you put on the page, and what the site display.

    So I can see exactly what got truncated
    Sometime, if you have a single quote or double quote, that get truncate too. If you must use quotes, use html equivalent instead of " (&quote instead of ")
    K, seems to be working, basically.

    I want the body of the message to be, or include a link. How can I add that, it doesn't like the way I am doing it right now.

    Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

  7. #17
    MySQL Error MatrixPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Beach City, Socal
    Posts
    4,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiredwrx View Post
    K, seems to be working, basically.

    I want the body of the message to be, or include a link. How can I add that, it doesn't like the way I am doing it right now.

    Michael
    That part, I haven't try yet. That also depend on the receipient email client and/or the sender email program. So you have to try it out something like this.
    Code:
    <A HREF="mailto: ........&body=Come check it out http://www.yahoo.com">Click </a>
    OR
    <A HREF="mailto: ........&body=Come check it out <A HREF = 'http://www.yahoo.com'> yahoo </a>">Click </a>
    2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
    89 Supra Turbo P3 600E@750/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
    Y2K Accord Dell GX150
    RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
    EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

  8. #18
    Confusion Master
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Enforcer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    If you go down to the woods today, You're sure of
    Posts
    14,625
    Just throwing in a bone from over the Atlantic.

    If you can get it to work for one address, have it sent to a base address which is set to forward all emails to a list of recipicents.

  9. #19
    Calm
    Down
    Or
    Get
    A
    2
    Week
    Vacation
    -Love
    The
    Forum
    Policeman
    Wiredwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3,605
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixPC View Post
    That part, I haven't try yet. That also depend on the receipient email client and/or the sender email program. So you have to try it out something like this.
    Code:
    <A HREF="mailto: ........&body=Come check it out http://www.yahoo.com">Click </a>
    OR
    <A HREF="mailto: ........&body=Come check it out <A HREF = 'http://www.yahoo.com'> yahoo </a>">Click </a>
    Tried it both ways,

    Code:
    <p>
          <a href="mailto:[email protected]?subject=Team Site Update&amp;cc=[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected]&amp;body=Please visit the site for updates 
    <A HREF = 'http://www.yahoo.com'> yahoo </a>">Click
          here to notify the team members</a>
        </p>
    and when I save it, it removes everything and leaves just the following

    Code:
     <p>
          <a>Click here to notify the team members</a>
        </p>
    Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

  10. #20

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. GPS/MapPoint VB Source Code
    By stevieg in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-28-2011, 03:59 PM
  2. Weird Registration Code and Hardware Code problem
    By lookinco in forum StreetDeck
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-30-2006, 02:25 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-11-2006, 05:49 PM
  4. How do I use the Base plugin sources ?
    By guino in forum RR FAQ
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-24-2006, 03:43 PM
  5. HTML code in this Forum
    By lynxx in forum Mp3car Forum Suggestions/Comments
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-15-2003, 04:31 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •