Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39

Thread: Legalities in Classified forum

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Detroit MI. Westside(M-39 EXIT 9)
    Posts
    45
    mother said if you don't have anything nice to say you should say nothing ! it amazes me how the first thing people always post is (read read again) let his thread get deleted or locked he didn't force it on anyone he even said he would wipe the drive ! (have kids or become a boss) but please before you post ask yourself how will this help me ? other than that keep it 2 youself ! i've seen people post major violations and nothing happend but let a newbie post the same thing and walla ! your jumped on . not aimming at Motorcity alone this is a practice that i see all the time. forum rules said no playstation 3's or wi's can be sold at the time cause they were new and the moderators didn't want the forum crapped up with people trying 2 scam or butcher the members that would jump at the chance to own one, i sell a used xbox 360 and xbradyx slaps me with a do nothing violation what for i ask myself he never said the reason and then later the rules were updated to include 360's but what about he's friends that were postting psp's and consoles also. Post rules and follow them (everyone !) (POLICE ON THE TAKE !)
    Underconstruction for 2007 !!!!

  2. #2
    Fusion Brain Creator 2k1Toaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado, but Canadian!
    Posts
    10,053
    There is a specific rule stating no mention of warez or illegal software.

    Just the mention of using a torrent site to illegally obtain a TV show in another thread caused the thread to be locked.

    A key generator is a clear violation of this rule. By pointing it out, the OP can now edit his post to make it within the rules before a mod comes and closes it right away. No leeway.

    So it is helping. Either he can modify the description and potentially sell it, or not modify it and have no chance of selling it on this forum.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

  3. #3
    Variable Bitrate Redian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    399
    its legal to download a show using bit torrent as long as it is the verison that was aired, once its aired it becomes public property and can be used. if its ripped form a season dvd, thats illegal


    this is due to a federal court case in 1992 with vhs' recording television.. look it up 2k1
    2004 Impreza WRX CarPC Install

    I am willing to host any legal downloads that may benefit the CarPC community - PM for info

    "When you go 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, you don't need a made up character called fast. Thats what makes a Subaru, a Subaru."

    DG4L

  4. #4
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Detroit MI. Westside(M-39 EXIT 9)
    Posts
    45
    Everything you said is true . i never said he did nothing wrong, i'm on the track that the rules should blanket everyone ! not just newbs ! and lesser know members on the forum ! i've watced moderator thread crap right in my face and in my thread so i'm not just blowing steam a rule is a rule ! little lie and big lie no diff to me it's still a lie ! i'm cool cause i'm just that kind of guy ! i come here to talk computers and unload good stuff at giveaway prices so i can buy more good stuff use it for 2 days and do the same i'm never happy till i'm happy then i'll be happy ! i've met good people here and i've met &%#holes (geuss it's like the streets) just would like to see people work more on why we come here and less on being a pain ! pirated software is illegal no gettin round it ! but he gave the guy a option, and i'm sure his pc wouldn't be the first to sell here without the o.s. being removed. he just got pointed out for being upfront and thats the part i'm bothered about, he never said he didn't have the o.s. disk, he said he didn't have the key,that's understandable to me (still not much better cd key cost bout as much as new copy)
    Underconstruction for 2007 !!!!

  5. #5
    Fusion Brain Creator 2k1Toaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Colorado, but Canadian!
    Posts
    10,053
    Quote Originally Posted by A-day View Post
    Everything you said is true . i never said he did nothing wrong, i'm on the track that the rules should blanket everyone ! not just newbs ! and lesser know members on the forum ! i've watced moderator thread crap right in my face and in my thread so i'm not just blowing steam a rule is a rule ! little lie and big lie no diff to me it's still a lie ! i'm cool cause i'm just that kind of guy ! i come here to talk computers and unload good stuff at giveaway prices so i can buy more good stuff use it for 2 days and do the same i'm never happy till i'm happy then i'll be happy ! i've met good people here and i've met &%#holes (geuss it's like the streets) just would like to see people work more on why we come here and less on being a pain ! pirated software is illegal no gettin round it ! but he gave the guy a option, and i'm sure his pc wouldn't be the first to sell here without the o.s. being removed. he just got pointed out for being upfront and thats the part i'm bothered about, he never said he didn't have the o.s. disk, he said he didn't have the key,that's understandable to me (still not much better cd key cost bout as much as new copy)

    Weren't you the one with the horrible grammar?

    ANd I didn't know about the TV show thing due to VHS recording. I never really connected those.

    Although it is legal now I guess, the fact remains that it was the reason for a thread to be closed.

    I'm glad the OP changed his description, and the bestof luck to selling it.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

  6. #6
    Super Moderator xBrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,687
    Quote Originally Posted by A-day View Post
    mother said if you don't have anything nice to say you should say nothing ! it amazes me how the first thing people always post is (read read again) let his thread get deleted or locked he didn't force it on anyone he even said he would wipe the drive ! (have kids or become a boss) but please before you post ask yourself how will this help me ? other than that keep it 2 youself ! i've seen people post major violations and nothing happend but let a newbie post the same thing and walla ! your jumped on . not aimming at Motorcity alone this is a practice that i see all the time. forum rules said no playstation 3's or wi's can be sold at the time cause they were new and the moderators didn't want the forum crapped up with people trying 2 scam or butcher the members that would jump at the chance to own one, i sell a used xbox 360 and xbradyx slaps me with a do nothing violation what for i ask myself he never said the reason and then later the rules were updated to include 360's but what about he's friends that were postting psp's and consoles also. Post rules and follow them (everyone !) (POLICE ON THE TAKE !)
    The rules were there before you got the infraction. If there are people that slip by the rules it is because we aren't aware of them so why don't you use the 'report post' button and let us know. Motorcity did nothing wrong in pointing out the rules.
    AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
    Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
    Installed.


    -GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
    -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

  7. #7
    Super Moderator xBrady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,687
    Quote Originally Posted by Redian View Post
    its legal to download a show using bit torrent as long as it is the verison that was aired, once its aired it becomes public property and can be used. if its ripped form a season dvd, thats illegal


    this is due to a federal court case in 1992 with vhs' recording television.. look it up 2k1
    You can record TV shows in order to be able to watch them at a later time. No where does it say that it is legal to download shows with their commercials cut out. Once something is aired it does NOT make it public property. That is the biggest load of crap I've ever heard.


    P.S.
    Thanks WoLLy for fixing your post.
    AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
    Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
    Installed.


    -GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
    -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

  8. #8
    Calm
    Down
    Or
    Get
    A
    2
    Week
    Vacation
    -Love
    The
    Forum
    Policeman
    Wiredwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3,605
    Quote Originally Posted by xBrady View Post
    You can record TV shows in order to be able to watch them at a later time. No where does it say that it is legal to download shows with their commercials cut out. Once something is aired it does NOT make it public property. That is the biggest load of crap I've ever heard.


    P.S.
    Thanks WoLLy for fixing your post.
    I agree The VHS case was regarding TIME SHIFTING only. That is all the court allowed.

    Dowloading a TV program on a torrent, even once it is aired, is a violation of the copyright law.

    I have pointed this out time and time again, because most Americans are ignorant of the copyright law.


    Sect. 106. Exclusive rights in copyrighted works
    Subject to sections 107 through 120 [17 USCS Sects. 107-120], the owner of copyright under this title [17 USCS Sects. 101 et seq.] has the exclusive rights to do and to authorize any of the following:

    (1) to reproduce the copyrighted work in copies or phonorecords;

    (2) to prepare derivative works based upon the copyrighted work;

    (3) to distribute copies or phonorecords of the copyrighted work to the public by sale or other transfer of ownership, or by rental, lease, or lending;

    (4) in the case of literary, musical, dramatic, and choreographic works, pantomimes, and motion pictures and other audiovisual works, to perform the copyrighted work publicly; and

    (5) in the case of literary, musical, dramatic, and choreographic works, pantomimes, and pictorial, graphic, or sculptural works, including the individual images of a motion picture or other audiovisual work, to display the copyrighted work publicly.

    Michael
    ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

  9. #9
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Detroit MI. Westside(M-39 EXIT 9)
    Posts
    45

    another problem !

    I didn't make Tivo i just use it for everything it's worth ! i didn't invent the Record button but i think it's cool ! all these things were made to futher the growth of a rich company's pocket ! so i'm not worried about a company like sony that makes music and burners and mp3 players and think you would not get the most for your money buy using the tools that you paid for from them to do it . you know 2k i didn't even remember it was you who wanted to give me a bad day 4 my text type but my cuz did geuss he bothered to remember, i didn't.
    Underconstruction for 2007 !!!!

  10. #10
    Constant Bitrate
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Erie, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    122
    Could you guys take this fight elsewhere please?

    Also, perhaps a mod could clean up the junk in this thread? (everything but post #1)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Addition to the for Classified Forum rules
    By Genesisfactor in forum Mp3car Forum Suggestions/Comments
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-10-2007, 07:14 PM
  2. New Forum Suggestion
    By trdcpu in forum Mp3car Forum Suggestions/Comments
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-08-2004, 08:48 PM
  3. This forum is a mistake . . .
    By Dex4now in forum Newbie
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-13-2003, 06:35 PM
  4. MUST READ: Forum Rules
    By Aaron Cake in forum General Hardware Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-02-2002, 04:21 AM
  5. MUST READ: Forum Rules
    By Aaron Cake in forum General MP3Car Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-30-2002, 10:00 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •