List building on initialization, intermittent working
Well, it's been a while since I've posted here and I think now with all the holiday stuff behind me, I'm starting to pick up on the droid theme skin again :).
Now, I know I'm using an outdated build, but thought I would go back through all the code I currently have so I am refreshed. I think I was programming the skin against rev 652. So, the next thing I am doing this coming week will be to update all the projects to the current rev available. But I'm still gonna post some findings in case someone might know a reasoning what is happening. I don't believe it's a revision problem, but I will still update when I find the build farm link again and some time.
Note - Everything works using the default skin...
The first problem I encountered is the plugin list inside the settings. I have just copied all the settings code, plus the additional classes it uses, to a new project. All properties of builds/debugs/framework have been set. I built it against the 652 references and it built just fine and into the android skin folder. I have then set a button on my main menu to the settings plugin. Clicking into the settings plugin works just fine, and everything inside the settings lists populates and is interact-able. Except for the Plugin Settings option. It doesn't build the list of plugins for the settings, it just sits at the "Loading..." text.
So, I set a debug point on the point under host_systemevent on the line to initiate the thread to load the plugins, started the debugging for OM again, and the point never hit. Left if sitting for 5 minutes and still nothing. So after many attempts with no debug point, the plugin list build once and I was able to finally set my music path. Kept trying though, and figured it might build the plugin settings list once out of like 10+ times. Weird? Since if I switch to the default skin it would work just fine (If and only if OM was started fresh. Switching from my broken plugin settings list to the default skin caused the default list not to be built either.)
The 2nd problem is sort of the same issue. The indexing for the music must have an issue somewhere for my skin as well... The code to build the artists is exactly the same as from the original newMedia plugin. However, I have seemed to find out that if I break the code and debug it on the point it loads the artists into a list, it will work. If I don't, the artists list might be built once out of so many tries as well, just like the plugin settings. Since the artists list normally isn't built, I can't see artists/albums/tracks in my music plugin. But, if the list does build, I can see the artists/albums/tracks and fully interact and play songs...
My debug log doesn't throw any errors/exceptions either. Well, I'll keep trying different things and see if I can't come up with something, or if updating this week to current rev's will fix it.
Glad to finally be back at the coding!!!