Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Highway Skin

  1. #1
    Raw Wave
    Auto Apps:loading...
    justchat_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Boston, Ma or NY,NY
    Posts
    2,359

    Highway Skin

    Status: 10% Complete


  2. #2
    Mo' Programming Mo' Problems
    Auto Apps:loading...
    Sonicxtacy02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    8,114
    Blog Entries
    49
    raise those icons and i think you have the best skin for OM so far
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Find my plugins on the MP3Car App Store!
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

  3. #3
    FLAC freeflashstuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Socorro, New Mexico, United States
    Posts
    1,142
    That's a very good looking skin. I agree with the above post.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have bad luck with vehicles...

  4. #4
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    272
    try to make the black area around the icons translucent. I think seeing more of the background would show it off better. Looks good so far

  5. #5
    MySQL Error soundman98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    on the border of northern IL/IN
    Posts
    5,848
    Quote Originally Posted by diggla View Post
    try to make the black area around the icons translucent. I think seeing more of the background would show it off better. Looks good so far
    i partially disagree(i like seeing the background, but need to see the buttons more)-- by keeping the black/darker area there, the wording, and icons stand out more, making everything easier to see by those of us with cheap screens .

    justchat/ws6vert: what about a opacity button in the skin settings to allow the end user to determine how dark/light the buttons appear?

  6. #6
    Who am I? HiJackZX1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    6,603
    Well I just hope that background can be changed. I would love to be able to change it to a picture i like. Also would be nice to give each zone the ability to have its own background picture.

    I hate the back button and the arrow, and the speak button. I think the font and arrow should be something thats more simple.

    Also the media buttons at the bottom are big. Which is good for some people, but the ability to make them smaller would be cool, or maybe an option to have the bar slide down, then when you hit a part of the screen it slides back up.

    The skin will have more then one page for home right? One thing that bothers me about CF is that the rear zones are limited to one home page and six buttons. With so many options for the rear passengers, six buttons is nothing.

    As far as volume, how does it work? Is there a slider system? So say I hit up, a slide bar will come up so I can use that too, or do I have to keep hitting the up button?

    I love all the button icons. Have a Win 7 like look to them.

    PS: The skin is looking awesome, even at 10%, so keep up the good work.
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

    1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

  7. #7
    Raw Wave
    Auto Apps:loading...
    justchat_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Boston, Ma or NY,NY
    Posts
    2,359
    Quote Originally Posted by HiJackZX1 View Post
    Well I just hope that background can be changed. I would love to be able to change it to a picture i like. Also would be nice to give each zone the ability to have its own background picture.
    Absolutely...like a few things its definitely on the feature list but I can't promise it makes the first release.

    Quote Originally Posted by HiJackZX1 View Post
    I hate the back button and the arrow, and the speak button. I think the font and arrow should be something thats more simple.
    Can you give an example of what you had in mind? Personally i prefer a home button over a back button but were going to play around with it a bit and see what everyone thinks.

    Quote Originally Posted by HiJackZX1 View Post
    Also the media buttons at the bottom are big. Which is good for some people, but the ability to make them smaller would be cool, or maybe an option to have the bar slide down, then when you hit a part of the screen it slides back up.
    Thats the one thing I don't think is planned for this skin. Having played with it quite a bit it really is the perfect size for a finger.

    Quote Originally Posted by HiJackZX1 View Post
    The skin will have more then one page for home right? One thing that bothers me about CF is that the rear zones are limited to one home page and six buttons. With so many options for the rear passengers, six buttons is nothing.
    I can't promise that for the first release but absolutely thats a planned feature. Each zone can match or each zone can be fully independent-different background, different home buttons, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by HiJackZX1 View Post
    As far as volume, how does it work? Is there a slider system? So say I hit up, a slide bar will come up so I can use that too, or do I have to keep hitting the up button?

    I love all the button icons. Have a Win 7 like look to them.

    PS: The skin is looking awesome, even at 10%, so keep up the good work.

    you tap either the plus or minus buttons to bring up the slider and then can either continue using the +/- buttons or drag the slider directly.

  8. #8
    Who am I? HiJackZX1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    6,603
    I dont know, there is just something on how the buttons look. Maybe its just me? Yea the buttons being big on the media bar, are fine, maybe I need to see it on a 7 inch screen.

    The volume slider looks cool.

    Maybe because I havent been playing with OM, I dont understand how it works. I know the one in .08 has a lot of buttons, but this skin doesnt have that. So everytime I add a button, will it simply make the buttons smaller?
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

    1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

  9. #9
    Raw Wave
    Auto Apps:loading...
    justchat_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Boston, Ma or NY,NY
    Posts
    2,359
    Quote Originally Posted by HiJackZX1 View Post
    Maybe because I havent been playing with OM, I dont understand how it works. I know the one in .08 has a lot of buttons, but this skin doesnt have that. So everytime I add a button, will it simply make the buttons smaller?
    There will be arrows added in phase 2 to shift between multiple main menus (similar to how android works) or we may have the entire list scroll (like an iphone)...we'll have to play around with some ideas and see what works best.

  10. #10
    MySQL Error soundman98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    on the border of northern IL/IN
    Posts
    5,848
    Quote Originally Posted by justchat_1 View Post
    There will be arrows added in phase 2 to shift between multiple main menus (similar to how android works) or we may have the entire list scroll (like an iphone)...we'll have to play around with some ideas and see what works best.

    i like the idea of the arrow buttons better.. if you were to use something like a iphone swipe, then gestures on the main screen wouldn't work..

    and i don't think any skin will ever meet 100% of hijack's needs...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Simplistique Skin Release - download and screenshots
    By lloydy in forum RR Released Skins
    Replies: 501
    Last Post: 05-04-2013, 10:58 AM
  2. RockCar Front End v0.0.154 - Skin Editor Updates
    By Hessian in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-21-2008, 10:40 PM
  3. TEKNIK3 - Concept Skin
    By Valheru in forum RR Skins
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 05-27-2008, 12:26 PM
  4. Working on a new skin, easy to read, easy to use
    By monkeyracer in forum RR Skins
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 01-12-2008, 04:34 PM
  5. Mauri RR skin
    By mauri in forum RR Skins
    Replies: 122
    Last Post: 12-06-2007, 09:50 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •