It does only slightly snap to a very small grid, but it would be very easy to make the grid bigger. I did start at a 50 x 50 but you need to design all your widgets / icons to a certain size which mine are not.. hence the very small grid I'm now using.
It's nice to actually see people working together for a change.. very impressed :-) keep up the good work guys
Andrew, hope you are still following this thread. From the zip you uploaded with separate images:
Template0009 - what is this image for?
Template0017 - image with a lock, what is this for?
Template0024 - home screen (non-highlighted). can this be split to 1 image please (just like the highlighted one, but non-highlighted)?
Template0027 / Template0033 - same right arrow, just fyi in case you meant it to be something else
Template0028 / Template0034 - same left arrow, just fyi in case you meant it to be something else
Template0040 - looks like refresh icon normally on a browser - any other use or is a browser refresh it?
Template0041 - looks like half a browser refresh icon (one arrow)?
Image for "apps" - the home image and apps image will switch back and forth so just need an apps image to complete.
Image for "settings"
Image for blanks - just a 'semi-transparent' blank image that flows with the green-ish theme.
More to come soon, stay tuned!
Gonna add in another screenshot to show you guys it's still coming along... I got swiping from page->page across 3 pages. All 3 look identical right now though. I haven't set any 'plugins' onto the pages yet. I have a list of plugins that you can pick and choose to add whichever on you want to whatever home page you want (but it looks ugly compared to the row/column idea). Rows and columns are fixed at 4x4 right now on pages with the leftover space to the left blank. This space will be for widgets, or whatever we decide on.
Wonder if he's sub'd to this thread or what happened? Anyone else feel like stepping up to the graphics plate or continuing with the images? Pretty please!!!
I have re-vised the top status bar in regards to notifications as well. Won't get into many details yet, but it's almost done.
For a quick status update of where abouts I am: main menu apps, home screens, apps pages = 70% - ui, bottom bar buttons, status bars, notifications = 50%. Media player plugin is staying default so I have something to work with. Once I get the main menu and ui stuff to 100%, modifying the plugins will be next.
Good question. He hasn't been on the thread in a little while. Did you try to PM him?
I've been working really steadily this week, and wow, what a way it's came in 1 week. Not much to show screenshot wise, but I can list some stuff off.
UI - 90% done.
- Didn't code common (most used) plugins yet (not a high priority right now, unless there is demand for it). There are music and settings right now with room for 2 more. They aren't changeable at this time, but will be at a later date.
- Notification code is complete - Any plugin can insert an image and multiple lines of text into a list, update it, and remove it. Notifications will always be available to be seen from any screen/plugin.
- anything else at UI level will be considered clean-ups and/or bug fixes from here on out.
Main Menu - 85% done.
- Successfully have user configured amount of home pages, each with "left side room" for widgets (not implemented yet) and each with 4x4 rows/columns to store plugin shortcuts.
- Successfully configured gestures to move left/right across the amount of home screens allotted.
- Successfully have a plugin page that has options of launching plugins or adding to any home screen you wish.
- anything else at main menu level will be considered clean-up's and/or bugfixes.
Media (music) plugin - 10% (just started)
- Started adding images provided from Andrew
Many more clean-up's/fixes which aren't noticable! More coming soon (hopefully some screens as well)...
Amazing progress in such a short period of time! Keep up the great work!
I am still here but I decided to take 30 days off from all electronics today is the first time I have been online or used my phone for anything other then calls. I will be starting graphics again next week if you have any requests.