Please Comment on the Following Thread:
Media Playback Interface
Interesting. I was looking for information on components for a car pc when I saw this thread. I'm also a C# dev. Been doing it around 5 years, with MSSQL expertise in a close second.
Good luck. This sounds like it's gonna turn out real nice.
Ok this is the first version of the skin editor...still more proof of concept then alpha version but it does work towards all of the 0.1 goals on the roadmap. I am holding off on the full 0.1 release (adding the full main menu) until we finalize the initial design. I also want to add rotation to the control renderer and halo effects to the text renderer before I call 0.1 done and move on to 0.2 (will upload exe and code to sourceforge).
Some things to check out:
* Control+click to drag stuff around
* Double click the control type in the tools window to create a new one (note some controls need defaults set before they will appear (like text for a label or the image for a button or image).
* alt+click a control to open its properties in the tools window
* if a control is open in the tools window use control+- and control++ to move it forward or backward in the z-order
* the click me button supports the click, double click and long click events with stupid messages displayed for each.
Final thing: its a pre-alpha so if theres bugs let me know.
It seems to work like it should.
Check out the developers wiki at the bottom - and then feel free to ask about anything not covered there and i'll be sure to answer here and do a write up on the wiki. I know a few things were discussed in this thread but I haven't had time to document it all.
Also, keep in mind almost everything there is open for discussion - the goal is to do it right the first time.
For the skin designer, I was unable to add an image, just got a nice red x over the whole preview window. I also found it hard to move a few of the controls around. Specifically the TextBox, but this was probably just my touchpad. Are you taking any suggestions for improvement, or just asking for any issues? CPU was fine as well.
The problem you describe with the image does sound like a big issue though. What type of file was it?