Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 241

Thread: An Open Source, Fast and Modular, C# Front End

  1. #201
    Variable Bitrate UnusuallyGenius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Grand Rapids, Mi
    Posts
    306
    Quote Originally Posted by justchat_1 View Post
    Well its good to hear you will be joining the guard.....and a shame to lose your help with the project. Hopefully, we can bring some of your ideas to life before you ship off.
    I will never leave this project. I will send you all my original PNG images created in Fireworks, so you have all my material while I am away. I plan on working on this until the day I leave, and every chance I have after Basic.
    - Project: Unified Car Control
    - Original OpenMobile Interface Designer

  2. #202
    Raw Wave
    Auto Apps:loading...
    justchat_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Boston, Ma or NY,NY
    Posts
    2,359
    Quote Originally Posted by UnusuallyGenius View Post
    I will never leave this project. I will send you all my original PNG images created in Fireworks, so you have all my material while I am away. I plan on working on this until the day I leave, and every chance I have after Basic.
    My mistake....Good to hear.


    An update for everyone:
    All of the necessary framework modifications are now complete and successful, all thats left is some minor bug squashing and to finish the media screens. Next version will be able to support an infinite number of simultaneous screens and multiple sound cards (requires sound plugins that support multiple instances). Performance tweaks were also made and the net result is increased performance despite the more complex core. On a core 2 duo I had 10 simultaneous screens running without any noticeable performance penalty. Hopefully, this will add a new advantage CarPCs have over the alternatives.

  3. #203
    Variable Bitrate UnusuallyGenius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Grand Rapids, Mi
    Posts
    306
    Alright, sorry that I have been MIA for awhile now. I have just updated my computer to Ubuntu 9.10 and will be putting Fireworks back on tonight, and then I will be finishing some things for you Justchat_1 so expect some images in your email within the next few days.

    In other news, I guess I spoke to soon about my joining the Guard. I have made some legal mistakes when I was younger, and was told by the recruiter that it would not affect me joining the Guard. But I just found out today that when I went to take the ASVAB Test that without a waiver I would not be able to join, to try again next year. So I am here to stay for now.
    - Project: Unified Car Control
    - Original OpenMobile Interface Designer

  4. #204
    Variable Bitrate UnusuallyGenius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Grand Rapids, Mi
    Posts
    306
    Okay, quick question in regards to the multiple displays: Will we be able to treat them like Vista and 7 handle Sideshow displays? Will we be able to display different information on other screens. Like could I dedicate a three inch screen to just now playing information, or potentially, OpenNav(if that route is pursued)
    - Project: Unified Car Control
    - Original OpenMobile Interface Designer

  5. #205
    Raw Wave
    Auto Apps:loading...
    justchat_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Boston, Ma or NY,NY
    Posts
    2,359
    Quote Originally Posted by UnusuallyGenius View Post
    Okay, quick question in regards to the multiple displays: Will we be able to treat them like Vista and 7 handle Sideshow displays? Will we be able to display different information on other screens. Like could I dedicate a three inch screen to just now playing information, or potentially, OpenNav(if that route is pursued)
    Not quite to the first part-but in a good way. Yes to the second part.

    Sideshow is more then just a monitor, it requires either its own hardware per device or 1 device can use the hosts hardware. OM can do individual rendering for each screen using nothing but monitors, so its like using multiple full computers (each screen with its own mouse and sound if you want). Screen 1 can display OBD Data, screen 2 can display navigation, screen's 3,4 and 5 can be a 3-player game. Screen 6 can be someone browsing the music collection. So pretty much whatever data whereever you want it and you can change it up constantly.

    As of right now smaller screens are supported but you would probably want a skin that better made use of them. Non-monitor devices, like LED text displays could be used too but that would require a plugin (its not built-in functionality).

  6. #206
    Variable Bitrate UnusuallyGenius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Grand Rapids, Mi
    Posts
    306
    i still cannot get openmobile to run in my ubuntu.
    i have the mono runtime installed, but I cannot launch the app. not in wine either
    Please help
    - Project: Unified Car Control
    - Original OpenMobile Interface Designer

  7. #207
    Raw Wave
    Auto Apps:loading...
    justchat_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Boston, Ma or NY,NY
    Posts
    2,359
    Quote Originally Posted by UnusuallyGenius View Post
    i still cannot get openmobile to run in my ubuntu.
    i have the mono runtime installed, but I cannot launch the app. not in wine either
    Please help
    Using the source or from the 0.4 build?
    What happens when you try to run it?

  8. #208
    Variable Bitrate UnusuallyGenius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Grand Rapids, Mi
    Posts
    306
    well i have both the mono runtime and the dev tools installed, and I downloaded the 0.4 build, and extracted the zip to /griz/openmobile/ and if I double click on the openmobile.exe nothing happens.
    - Project: Unified Car Control
    - Original OpenMobile Interface Designer

  9. #209
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by UnusuallyGenius View Post
    well i have both the mono runtime and the dev tools installed, and I downloaded the 0.4 build, and extracted the zip to /griz/openmobile/ and if I double click on the openmobile.exe nothing happens.
    Try running it from a terminal window. I don't have access to my Laptop (with Ubuntu) right now, as I'm at work. I can't remember if installing mono associates the .exe extension or not. I can only ssh into my gentoo server.

    But if you open a terminal and type "mono /griz/openmobile/openmobile.exe", it should work. If not, it should at least give you a better error message.

  10. #210
    Raw Wave
    Auto Apps:loading...
    justchat_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Boston, Ma or NY,NY
    Posts
    2,359
    Quote Originally Posted by MindWalker View Post
    But if you open a terminal and type "mono /griz/openmobile/openmobile.exe", it should work. If not, it should at least give you a better error message.
    Exactly

    EDIT:
    Or you can set the file association that Ubuntu left out:
    1) right click on the exe->Select Properties
    2) Navigate to Open with
    3) Click Add
    4) Click the custom command triangle and type "mono"
    5) Click ok->ok

    Now mono should run automatically so you can just double click the exe....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •