An Open Source, Fast and Modular, C# Front End
Ok hopefully that title was enough to get your attention. I think something fully open source and written in managed code is long overdue. I'm a c# developer with ~7 years experience and own a full web server that can be used for source hosting/project planning/etc. There should be more then enough experience on these forums to pull this off.
My Goals for the project:
- Well written efficient design
- Fully Modular plugins on a shared framework and rendering engine
- Fully Skinnable
- Designed for 7" car screen with large buttons that can be used from a touch screen or other input devices
- Internal SQL based database instead of text file craziness
- Very fast lightweight media player plugin with full support for tag reading and storage
- Native Navit Plugin
- Native Bluetooth Plugin with support for everything - including the infamous LG phones
- Native NextGen Speech Recognition (see domnitzsolutions.com for my other work)
What I don't wan't to see:
- That com madness that other front ends seem to think is ok. You shouldnt need to install 5-6 programs just to get music, movies, nav and email.
- Dll's and helper exe's all over the place to try to patch together something that could have been done much better from scratch
Looked around on the forums and haven't found anything even close. Oh and anyone thinking of posting a "just use riderunner" post - dont and save me a rant.