Want List | Requested Features
This thread is for users to express their wanted features. Features they like in other FE's and would like to see here. I will continue to update this first post with a numerical list of the requested features, so that you can quickly browse the list and see if the feature is requested, and if it has been implemented.
Thank you for your time and input.
- Smart Interface, touching the four corners of the screen will always result in the same actiod "backn, such as "home" "media control" "volume" and "back"
- Super-fast load times
- Smart Media Engine
- GPS Navigation
- Voice Recognition
- Full Bluetooth Device Support
- Multiple Zone Output
- Support for Vertically Mounted Screens
- Currently it uses a built in (built from scratch) rendering engine with individual control rendering similar to how most OS's use controls. The rendering engine has full support for alpha blending, translation, rotation, gradients, textures, shapes and Unicode text support.
- Current plugin skinning methods allow for control design done via dll or control design exported to an xml skin file and serialized when the plugin is initialized. Future plans (if theres an interest) include an .xml to .dll compiler that would compile skin files into executable code (making it very very fast).
- The plugin framework is based off of high and low level plugins. Low level plugins act like drivers providing hardware support and notifications to the framework. High level plugins work like windows forms providing each "panel" rendered to the main UI.
- Current plugins include a UI plugin, A main menu plugin that allows buttons to be reconfigured on the fly, A media player plugin using directshow, a media database plugin using a custom written id3 tag reader and a managed code sqlite library and an On Screen Keyboard Plugin.
- Future "official" plugins planned include an OBD plugin, SAPI speech recognition plugin, Homemade Bluetooth plugin, Bluez plugin on linux, XM Radio plugin, HD Radio plugin and various internet data plugins.
- The "Framework" is what ties everything together providing dozens of platform agnostic functions. It includes unit conversion and calculation classes, Mapped OS Specific functions, OS and Framework Detection, Even an equation solver that can take an equation as a text string and return an answer.
- The entire system is event based and asynchronous...only a pluginHost interfaces with the rendering thread and bridges the gap. The plugin design is also setup so that multiple rendering windows could easily be added allowing the system to be used on an infinite number of monitors (limited only by what your graphics card can support). Events are separated by category and can be hooked and unhooked by any plugins that require the notifications. All event messages are a single 4 byte integer (based off an enum) to allow for high speed parsing and handling.