Whats next for openOBD
Any questions or comments relating to this post can be made here.
Some more info on the severity ratings aspect. Severity ratings will classify most DTC's into a category that lets you know how serious the trouble codes are and helps prevent further damage to your car and/or helps prevent operating an unsafe vehicle.
0. Unknown Severity (Default)
1. Notice - alert the dealer at the next service - dtcs like a stuck cd in the cd player, or a transmission shift light out.
2. Minor - Warnings that should be checked as soon as possible but will not cause any permanent damage - Things like non-critical sensor faults or burnt out warning lights.
3. Serious - Conditions that should be taken care of at the closest repair shop asap - transmission problems, vacuum leaks, etc.
4. Critical - Conditions that you should pull over immediately and call a tow truck for - things like brake system malfunctions and power steering leaks