Any questions or comments relating to this post can be made here.
Some more info on the severity ratings aspect. Severity ratings will classify most DTC's into a category that lets you know how serious the trouble codes are and helps prevent further damage to your car and/or helps prevent operating an unsafe vehicle.
0. Unknown Severity (Default)
1. Notice - alert the dealer at the next service - dtcs like a stuck cd in the cd player, or a transmission shift light out.
2. Minor - Warnings that should be checked as soon as possible but will not cause any permanent damage - Things like non-critical sensor faults or burnt out warning lights.
3. Serious - Conditions that should be taken care of at the closest repair shop asap - transmission problems, vacuum leaks, etc.
4. Critical - Conditions that you should pull over immediately and call a tow truck for - things like brake system malfunctions and power steering leaks