Just tested OM on Windows 7 and on Ubuntu 9.10 Netbook Remix, everything looks great.
We are proud to announce the release of OpenMobile 0.5 Beta.
Bug Reports/Feature Requests (Requires Login to Submit)
Important Release Notes:
* This release was designed to complete the core functionality of the OpenMobile framework. All that will probably be visible to end users is a rough start of the media manager, the media database and the media player for windows users.
* NO Linux or Mac media player plugins available yet
* To assign an item to the Main Menu, press and hold the button and a button assignment window will pop up.
* Core API is now locked down so plugin developers can get to work knowing they wont need to change any code in future versions
Whats new in this release:
* Media database support (comes with an sqlite database plugin but can use anything)
* Directory Browser and On Screen Keyboard plugins
* Dragable list control with 6 different styles
* True multi-screen and multi-sound card control supporting up to 99 unique sound cards and screens (if hardware could ever support that many)
* Added animated labels and half a dozen different panel transitions
* Complete rewrite of the Skin Designer (available in the application directory's tools folder)
Special Thanks To:
* UnusuallyGenius for all of the graphics work and beta testing
* ws6vert for the beta testing and contributions to OpenOBD
* Extide for the bug reports and design help
* BitRock for the install maker
* mp3car for the forums, support and inspiration
Congrats on the release
Former author of LinuxICE, nghost, nobdy.
Current author of Automotive Message Broker (AMB).
Works on Tizen IVI. Does not represent anyone or anything but himself.
I was able to get this release to crash every time by not selecting "Ok" with no option selected when you are at the "Select a panel to assign to this button" screen.
Windows XP PRO fully updated... dunno what else you would want from me .
EDIT: I can get it to crash quite a bit actually... lol. Looking forward to more releases.
I can confirm the bug Tengis mentions: Selecting "OK" with no option selected in the "Panel Selection menu" will cause the program to crash.
Tengis, please elaborate on other crash's as fixing any 0.5 bugs is the next on the priority list for 0.6