We are proud to announce the release of OpenMobile 0.6 Beta.
Important Release Notes:
* A linux/OSX installer has not been released for this build. Mono support was dropped in 0.6 but will return in 0.7 with some brand new linux plugins.
* To assign an item to the Main Menu, press and hold the button and a button assignment window will pop up.
Whats new in this release:
* Speech recognition
* Navigation Framework
* Contacts Plugin (pairs with the google contacts data provider)
* Weather Plugin (pairs with either the yahoo weather data provider or the google weather provider)
* Media Player has point and click multi-zone support (currently 8 zones....99 possible with a different skin)
* Input Router Framework
* AutoPlay Notifications
* Smart Keyboard Navigation
Special Thanks To:
* UnusuallyGenius for the graphics work
* ws6vert for the testing and GMPC work
* Borte for development help
* BitRock for the new install builder
* mp3car for the forums, support and inspiration
Will be waiting for 0.7.
Former author of LinuxICE, nghost, nobdy.
Current author of Automotive Message Broker (AMB).
Works on Tizen IVI. Does not represent anyone or anything but himself.
Well mine were added in the beta thread.
However another request observation.
If you have a label over a button (or in my case a number of labels) they stop the button underneath being clicked (so you have to find a space where the labels don't overlap)
More . . . . .
But good point... in the current design all controls are opaque from a clickability point of view-but we should probably make labels the exception.
I downloaded but have yet to install - few other projects going on with hardware but hope to get it installed over the weekend(no promises though)
If anyone gives me a rev - I give them the Bird
I'v installed this on my windows 7 machine to test out. First off, i would like to say i'm impressed with how far this project has come in such a short time frame. I haven't done much testing, i plan on doing more testing this weekend, but have had a few questions.
I am not able to control the volume levels. When i click the volume icon in the top left corner it doesn't do anything. It will highlight when i put the mouse over top of the icon, but doesn't give me the option to turn the volume up or down.
The other question i have is playlists. I have added my music directory and am able to browse my music and play songs on an individual basis, but haven't been able to add music to a playlist. For example, i click a song and it plays, if i click the 'next' icon on the music bar doesn't go to the next song, i guess it thinks there's only that one song in the playlist. I'm sure i'm just missing something.
I really like how the gestures work to control the audio. This feature will come in handy. Are there any radio plugins available or will this be implemented in the upcoming releases?
Very impressed on the speed and loading times. Importing my music collection was also fast. I will be axcious to see if the speed keeps up once i have a fully working front end using openmobile including gps, radio, music, bluetooth etc.
Oh yes, one more question. When i import my music into openmobile, does the built in music database organize the music into albums for you? The reason i ask is currently i don't have by music organized my albums. I have my music organized first by Genre, Artist. Under the artist i have all songs for that artist, so i don't have any of my music sorted by albums, but when i import my music in i can see they get organized by all artists,albums. Make sense?
Keep up the good work.