Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Windows Embedded 7 64-bit

  1. #1
    Maximum Bitrate Crinos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kristiansand, Norway
    Posts
    489

    Windows Embedded 7 64-bit

    Hia.

    I just tried to install OM on my Zotac ION running Windows Embedded 7 64-bit - "Application friendly install".

    The installation worked fine, but when I ran the program. I got the menu screen, and then it just died/closed. No error messages.

    Just wanted to let you know since I read some post about running Embedded compared to Win7 or XP.

    If this have been covered before in another thread, I'm sorry for reposting. I'm at the office now, and did not have time do do a search

  2. #2
    Maximum Bitrate Borte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    529
    Hi Crinos,

    Could you check the filesize of the System.Data.SQLite.DLL file?
    If it's approx 866 Kb's then it's the 32bit file, if it's over 1000kb then it's the 64bit file.

    Also I've had some problems with the generation of the sql database file in later svn builds but I don't think the relase has this problem (this have to be verified in the release code).
    Failure is not an option...
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________
    The only full multizone / multiscreen cross platform open source Front End -> OpenMobile

  3. #3
    Maximum Bitrate Borte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    529
    Quote Originally Posted by Borte View Post
    Also I've had some problems with the generation of the sql database file in later svn builds but I don't think the relase has this problem (this have to be verified in the release code).
    I checked the code and it seems as this problem was not present in the release.

    Have you tried loading the debug plugin? If so does it crash before the debug.txt file is created?
    Failure is not an option...
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________
    The only full multizone / multiscreen cross platform open source Front End -> OpenMobile

  4. #4
    Raw Wave
    Auto Apps:loading...
    justchat_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Boston, Ma or NY,NY
    Posts
    2,359
    I tested on an x32 embedded install and an x64 ultimate install before release.....so i'm going to take a guess on this. Did you including the windows audio subsystem components and the mp3 codec component? i think the release version dies if theres no audio system available.

  5. #5
    Maximum Bitrate Crinos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kristiansand, Norway
    Posts
    489
    Yes, I did include the audio system and mp3 codec.. Included everything actually



    Borte. I will check the file later on. I'm on my way to a meeting, just killing 5 minutes.

  6. #6
    Maximum Bitrate Crinos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kristiansand, Norway
    Posts
    489
    Quote Originally Posted by Borte View Post
    Hi Crinos,



    Could you check the filesize of the System.Data.SQLite.DLL file?

    If it's approx 866 Kb's then it's the 32bit file, if it's over 1000kb then it's the 64bit file.



    Also I've had some problems with the generation of the sql database file in later svn builds but I don't think the relase has this problem (this have to be verified in the release code).
    The System.Data.SQLite.DLL file is over... 1058Kb


    Sorry for my noobness, how do I load the debug plugin?

    When I start openMobile, I get the startmenu, and after some few seconds its crashes, and I get this error:
    Code:
    Description:
      Stopped working
    
    Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name:    CLR20r3
      Problem Signature 01:    open mobile.exe
      Problem Signature 02:    0.6.0.16
      Problem Signature 03:    4b922bfe
      Problem Signature 04:    OMSpeech
      Problem Signature 05:    1.0.0.0
      Problem Signature 06:    4b8de185
      Problem Signature 07:    19
      Problem Signature 08:    d0
      Problem Signature 09:    PSZQOADHX1U5ZAHBHOHGHLDGIY4QIXHX
      OS Version:    6.1.7600.2.0.0.320.65
      Locale ID:    1044
    The Speech module causing problems?

  7. #7
    Maximum Bitrate Borte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    529
    Quote Originally Posted by Crinos View Post
    The System.Data.SQLite.DLL file is over... 1058Kb
    Good. Then you're running the correct sql file.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crinos View Post
    Sorry for my noobness, how do I load the debug plugin?
    If you look in the Tools folder under the installation folder of OpenMobile you'll see a file named "!OMDebug.dll", copy this file into the "plugins" folder and it will load automatically. Then when you start OpenMobile it will create a file named "Debug.txt". Could you post this file?

    Quote Originally Posted by Crinos View Post
    The Speech module causing problems?
    Seems like it. The debug file should provide some more details about it.
    Failure is not an option...
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________
    The only full multizone / multiscreen cross platform open source Front End -> OpenMobile

  8. #8
    Raw Wave
    Auto Apps:loading...
    justchat_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Boston, Ma or NY,NY
    Posts
    2,359
    Quote Originally Posted by Crinos View Post
    The System.Data.SQLite.DLL file is over... 1058Kb


    Sorry for my noobness, how do I load the debug plugin?

    When I start openMobile, I get the startmenu, and after some few seconds its crashes, and I get this error:
    Code:
    Description:
      Stopped working
    
    Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name:    CLR20r3
      Problem Signature 01:    open mobile.exe
      Problem Signature 02:    0.6.0.16
      Problem Signature 03:    4b922bfe
      Problem Signature 04:    OMSpeech
      Problem Signature 05:    1.0.0.0
      Problem Signature 06:    4b8de185
      Problem Signature 07:    19
      Problem Signature 08:    d0
      Problem Signature 09:    PSZQOADHX1U5ZAHBHOHGHLDGIY4QIXHX
      OS Version:    6.1.7600.2.0.0.320.65
      Locale ID:    1044
    The Speech module causing problems?
    Yup that would be a problem with the speech module. The speech plugin is actually native code which is why you won't see debugging info.

    If you move OMSpeech out of the plugins folder everything should work again. Speech is the one thing I forgot to test on x64. When you said you included everything in the embedded build-did that include windows speech recognition?

  9. #9
    Maximum Bitrate Borte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    529
    Quote Originally Posted by justchat_1 View Post
    Speech is the one thing I forgot to test on x64.
    I'm running x64 with speech just fine here. I don't have a microphone connected but I do have the speech button visible and OMSpeech is loaded and active. So I don't think it's an x64 issue.
    Failure is not an option...
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________
    The only full multizone / multiscreen cross platform open source Front End -> OpenMobile

  10. #10
    Maximum Bitrate Crinos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kristiansand, Norway
    Posts
    489
    I will try the debugg thingy later today, and then I will uninstall, and reinstall without speech.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. interesting way to install XP on cd-less/floppyless
    By gospeed.racer in forum Operating System Optimization
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 11-11-2010, 06:55 AM
  2. windows 7, 32 bit or 64 bit?
    By Shmoove in forum Software & Software Development
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-15-2010, 03:46 PM
  3. should i avoid windows 7 64 bit?
    By soundman98 in forum General MP3Car Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-30-2009, 05:33 PM
  4. The WinXPe Colab Installation instructions
    By darkslyde in forum WinNT Based
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-17-2008, 05:59 PM
  5. Windows Taskbar opening when embedded in FP
    By vairu in forum FreeDrive
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-06-2005, 12:03 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •