Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 219

Thread: openMobile 0.7 is now feature complete

  1. #21
    Raw Wave
    Auto Apps:loading...
    justchat_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Boston, Ma or NY,NY
    Posts
    2,359
    Quote Originally Posted by kjm8888 View Post
    Have we hit a snag with 0.7? I will be finished assembly of my carputer project in about a week and would love to bench test it with 0.7!
    I know better then to give ETAs... but we really are just at the nit-picking bugs phase. The reason were allowing that is that after 0.7 the Framework will not be changing-so we want to make sure its 100% bug free. The typical bugs the last few days have been if "x and y happen and z is broken on that machine then it gives an error" and very one-off bugs like that. We've been running dozens of tests to try and break things on every combination of hardware and software.

  2. #22
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by justchat_1 View Post
    I know better then to give ETAs... but we really are just at the nit-picking bugs phase. The reason were allowing that is that after 0.7 the Framework will not be changing-so we want to make sure its 100% bug free. The typical bugs the last few days have been if "x and y happen and z is broken on that machine then it gives an error" and very one-off bugs like that. We've been running dozens of tests to try and break things on every combination of hardware and software.
    As the Manager of an IT firm I can appreciate your thoroughness. I'm looking forward to designing a couple skins for it!

  3. #23
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Rubidoux, CA
    Posts
    275
    As a current user of SD2, I can stand software with some 'nit-pickable' bugs.. ;-) get it out here.. ;-)
    2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer - Bi-Fuel Gasoline/CNG
    Intel D945GCLF2 w/512MB RAM, CL Audigy w/KxProject, M2-ATX, Lilliput EBY701

  4. #24
    Raw Wave
    Auto Apps:loading...
    justchat_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Boston, Ma or NY,NY
    Posts
    2,359
    Quote Originally Posted by CraziFuzzy View Post
    As a current user of SD2, I can stand software with some 'nit-pickable' bugs.. ;-) get it out here.. ;-)
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/openmobile/
    Shhhh...its not "released" yet

  5. #25
    Variable Bitrate
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Rubidoux, CA
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by justchat_1 View Post
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/openmobile/
    Shhhh...its not "released" yet
    hah.. figures.. I checked i think yesterday morning, and an installer hadn't been put up yet...
    2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer - Bi-Fuel Gasoline/CNG
    Intel D945GCLF2 w/512MB RAM, CL Audigy w/KxProject, M2-ATX, Lilliput EBY701

  6. #26
    Constant Bitrate enigmacarpc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    117
    Open Mobile 0.7

    I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but I don't have many options at the home screen.

    I have Music, About,Setting and exit.

    I have installed all the skins and add-ons

    Where is the NAV option and the Pandora icon and video icon?


    Thanks

  7. #27
    Raw Wave
    Auto Apps:loading...
    justchat_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Boston, Ma or NY,NY
    Posts
    2,359
    Quote Originally Posted by enigmacarpc View Post
    Open Mobile 0.7

    I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but I don't have many options at the home screen.

    I have Music, About,Setting and exit.

    I have installed all the skins and add-ons

    Where is the NAV option and the Pandora icon and video icon?


    Thanks
    http://openmobile.sourceforge.net/wi...ting_things_up

    Pandora will only be available if you selected it during installation...if not go to Start Menu -> openMobile -> Install Additional Plugins and install it.

    Nav is not available yet...which is why 0.7 is not officially released.

  8. #28
    Constant Bitrate enigmacarpc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    117
    I did go to Install Additional Plugins and installed it but nothing happened.

    I am going to uninstall and start over.

    I reinstalled OM and made sure all the boxes were checked.

    The plugins are listed under setting/plugin settings but the skin shows only what I put in my above post.

  9. #29
    Raw Wave
    Auto Apps:loading...
    justchat_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Boston, Ma or NY,NY
    Posts
    2,359
    Quote Originally Posted by enigmacarpc View Post
    I did go to Install Additional Plugins and installed it but nothing happened.

    I am going to uninstall and start over.

    I reinstalled OM and made sure all the boxes were checked.

    The plugins are listed under setting/plugin settings but the skin shows only what I put in my above post.
    You need to press and hold a button on the main menu in order to assign it. Thats why I posted a link to our "Getting Started Guide" in our documentation. I was hoping you would read that and it would cover any other questions you may have had.

  10. #30
    Constant Bitrate enigmacarpc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    117
    Sorry I had already read the doc and I am aware of the button layout configuration and I should have been more clear about that.

    There is no option in the click and hold menu for Pandora or a video player.

    I was not wanting to open a can of worms with you having to support an unreleased version I was just excited and wanted to try the new software features that were implemented.

    I have been following this project from the beginning and it has all been about the potential of and direction of OM being the Front End savior.

    And so far it has all been in theory until the great 0.7 comes out to show all of the features and I think I can speak for all of us that we cant wait to start using all of the new features.

    When do you think the final will be out with NAV plugin support?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-27-2009, 01:44 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-09-2009, 08:02 AM
  3. StreetDeck music search feature
    By Kimota in forum StreetDeck
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-13-2007, 04:02 PM
  4. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 11-06-2007, 02:42 PM
  5. Feature Request: DVD/Movie playing while in GPS mode
    By MatrixPC in forum Road Runner
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-16-2006, 03:03 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •