Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 76

Thread: openMobile 0.8 Developer Preview

  1. #21
    Raw Wave
    Auto Apps:loading...
    justchat_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Boston, Ma or NY,NY
    Posts
    2,359
    Quote Originally Posted by tripzero View Post
    stripped down version of ubuntu? like linuxice :P? Also, you can custom make images of meego-core with whatever user-facing ux/frontend that you want fairly easily. Then you get atom or armv7 optimized binaries and fastboot automagically. ...just a thought .
    That still felt too slow for me...thats why i went with tinycore...i want instant-on.

  2. #22
    Maximum Bitrate jmullan99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Niagara Falls, Ontario
    Posts
    678

    Quick question

    Will the 0.8 media player allow me to "play all" library instead of only one artist?

    Cheers.

    PS: Instant on is nice. 10 second boot is quite attractive. Maybe one day I'll change hardware. Currently, I only wish sleep mode didn't have a steady drain the car battery. But I ramble on yet again

  3. #23
    Constant Bitrate enigmacarpc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by justchat_1 View Post
    Did you ever get a chance to try the folderdb plugin?
    Yes thanks but I didn't see any difference.

    I keep changing the dll's in the plugin folder to see a difference.

  4. #24
    Maximum Bitrate ws6vert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    523
    Quote Originally Posted by enigmacarpc View Post
    Yes thanks but I didn't see any difference.

    I keep changing the dll's in the plugin folder to see a difference.
    Did you delete the Media DB from the other plugin first, that way the index is fresh? You can find it at Users-->UserName-->AppData-->Roaming-->OpenMobile

  5. #25
    Constant Bitrate enigmacarpc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by ws6vert View Post
    Did you delete the Media DB from the other plugin first, that way the index is fresh? You can find it at Users-->UserName-->AppData-->Roaming-->OpenMobile
    That worked so now OM has problems indexing my music (I only have MP3s) and it is only showing 1 out of 3 folders and the screen crashes when I click on the other columns other then artist.


    I deleted the OMmedia2 data and reran OM now it shows no music at all.

  6. #26
    Maximum Bitrate ws6vert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    523
    Quote Originally Posted by enigmacarpc View Post
    That worked so now OM has problems indexing my music (I only have MP3s) and it is only showing 1 out of 3 folders and the screen crashes when I click on the other columns other then artist.


    I deleted the OMmedia2 data and reran OM now it shows no music at all.
    Can you attach, PM, or post the debug log? Preferably attach the .txt file. Thank you.

  7. #27
    Variable Bitrate heezer7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    IL, USA
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by tripzero View Post
    stripped down version of ubuntu? like linuxice :P? Also, you can custom make images of meego-core with whatever user-facing ux/frontend that you want fairly easily. Then you get atom or armv7 optimized binaries and fastboot automagically. ...just a thought .
    Hmmm meego could be an interesting solution. I have only been playing around for an hour or two so far. He is looking for instant on with specific hardware while I will be happy with damn fast resume on general hardware and the power of apt behind it. I haven't given ice a go in a while. Will have to download it. Just about done with a meego image now.

  8. #28
    Maximum Bitrate nasa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    721
    Since I have meego *running* on my system -- I won't mind giving openmobile on top of it a go....

  9. #29
    Constant Bitrate enigmacarpc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by ws6vert View Post
    Can you attach, PM, or post the debug log? Preferably attach the .txt file. Thank you.
    Sorry it was acting up at first but it is working now.

    Runs just fine, seems like it could be released with 0.8

    I cant wait to see it with a different music background.

  10. #30
    Mod - all of it. SapporoGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    SonyLand
    Posts
    458
    Instant on is a great goal but I think that most of us would be almost as happy with regular Nav HU start up times. Shoot, even my alpine HU takes at least about 2-3 seconds to start up.

    Any news on BlueTooth?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-18-2010, 12:22 AM
  2. Updates to openMobile
    By justchat_1 in forum Auto App Mart
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-16-2010, 01:53 PM
  3. Skin preview / skinning futures preview
    By Borte in forum OpenMobile Skins
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-20-2010, 07:47 PM
  4. Help with XM, preview no sound or nothing at all...
    By Mick300ZX in forum Road Runner
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-27-2008, 10:43 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •